Upstate NY Babies
Options

Now that LO is starting solids

We have been introducing solids to Ty this month and he is doing alright-with the exception he likes foods when peaches are added to it!  

What are your experiences with solids?  When do you get more in a schedule of feeding your LO's solids?  Right now we keep it to dinner time-and he doesn't eat more than 2 cubes (I've been making a lot of the food and pureeing it then freezing it in ice cube trays). 

Re: Now that LO is starting solids

• Options

How old is he again, I don't remember.  We started solids at 6 months.  What is a cube, like a half ounce?  DD was a pretty bad eater.  Well, good and bad.  She had a ton of interest in food and was not picky at all, but was functionally unable to eat well.  She never ate more than a half ounce at a time at first.  I think those stage 1 jars were 2 ounces and we had to throw it away after 3 meals because it got old before she would finish it.

I started with just breakfast at first, bc I figured if she was allergic to something I didn't want to put her to bed shortly afterwards.  We did just breakfast from 6-8, then went to breakfast and dinner from 8-10 months, and even then lunch was inconsistently offered until 12 months.

They should be getting most of their nutrition at first from bm or formula.  So in the beginning it is just about giving them new tastes and flavors and learning how to eat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"