December 2010 Moms
Options

I hope they come with gift receipts

Sorry to be such a pessimist and an ungrateful person, but we have our baby shower tomorrow and it's still the case that about 20% of the people have bought stuff off of our registries. The rest of the invitees are not bringing gifts or have bought things elsewhere (or they could be shopping today, I guess!) I bet a lot of what they're buying will be useful and great. But I bet a lot of it will be crap we don't want. So I just hope that the items have gift receipts and come from stores that we would go to again (i.e. Target, where we actually are registered.)

I do look forward to the shower regardless because it will be fun to get together with everyone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I hope they come with gift receipts

• Options

I just had a big shower today. We got a ton of gifts, but only 3 were from our registries. We came home, sorted things out by store, made a pile of stuff to keep, and tonight we will be making returns.

I've found that if you know which store to return to that they are really good about taking stuff back. They give you store credit, but hey, then you can buy something you want from your registry. It all works out. We are using our store credit towards the few things we need to round out the baby supply. Clothes are NOT what we need right now. And we got a ton of them at the shower. But DH says that clothes are a gold mine! Haha. : )) GL! Hope your shower is fun.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I went to BRU for a new store opening yesterday and they automatically give gift receipts, it looks like.  Don't know if you registered there, but that could be helpful~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Also about stalking your registry.... I have seen many times, and have done this myself, many times people forget to give the cashier your list with the barcode on it to take it off your registry. So in other words, there actully might more off your registry than you expect. Either way, I wish you the best of luck!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yep, at my shower last week, there were actually nine things purchased off my registry that didn't show up there! Try not to worry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"