Infertility
Options

30 and babyless

Hi

My Husband have been trying to have a baby of and on for 5 years.  I'm scared to take fertility drugs.  Does anyone think there is hope for us?

Re: 30 and babyless

• Options

I believe there is always hope!  I don't know if this is any help I just started fertility injections this week and it was not as bad as I feared.  My husband has a fear of needles and we are plowing through it together. 

Good luck to you! 

• Options

What are your reservations about taking medications? What do you mean by "on and off?

You can see and RE who will run a barrage of diagnostics and hopefully pinpoint the problem, although some couples are simply "unexplained." There is no commitment to move forward with treatment, but without knowing what you are up against you are fighting in the dark.

This board is not a place to find blind hope and miracle success stories. Those posts and posters are not generally welcomed with open arms. (For example, being frugal and having a positive attitude; seeing turtles and losing 25 pounds; praying to whomever because that whomever has a "plan" for you.)

The women here have a great wealth of knowledge, even greater love and support for each other. It is a place to share experiences and for everyone to know they are not alone or crazy. It is not moderated by an RE and no one here has ute-view ESP (if you're out there, we need you to come over!).

What this board (and saif/paif) CAN do for you is support you through your apprehension; educate you from our experiences; and connect you to others (both going through treatment and beyond that) with the same or similar diagnosis.

The ladies here are also quite wonderful off the IF topic.

There is also the Trouble TTC board as an alternative. I believe that board has a broader audience whereas most of the ladies here are undergoing treatment of some kind, sooner or later.

I am so sorry that you have not been successful when you have been trying for so long. I hope that you find that you have many options for finding your way toward motherhood. Good luck with making a decision about moving forward..

+++
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

*duplicate post*

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
  • Options

Have you been to an RE yet?  If not- then start there for basic IF testing, including SA for your husband.

If you already have gone through this and have an IF diagnosis and some recommended treatment plans from your RE- then if you share them with us- we can chime in with our experiences.

Good luck with your journey.

And- treatments/meds may be scary- but if you are going through a reputable RE and being monitored appropriately-  and are aware of the side effects and risks involved- that makes it less scary.

Try not to hang up on your age so much either.  I'd say your first step is going to an RE and go from there.   

And all of us on this board are babyless.  And a lot of us are over 30 including myself.  

This board is all about support- so stick around- introduce yourself, and also provide support to others. 

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"