Birth Stories
Options

Labor? Long? Yes please!

On Tuesday morning around 4 am I woke up in a bit of pain. Went to the bathroom and wiped and there was a considerable about of blood. So I went and got my mom (she was birth coach) and she came and laid down with me while I tried to get some rest and she could help me count contractions. They were completely irregular, and going anywhere from 20 minutes apart to an hour apart. I called the doctor around 9 am and asked them if I should come in and they advised that I should. They checked me and I was only dilated 2 cm. So they told me to go walk for an hour and see if that changed anything. The contractions while walking were getting unbearable. I went back in and had only dilated another .5 cm. So they suggested I go home and rest. I got home around 12 pm and things were getting worse. I laid down but also walked up and down the stairs about once and hour. Around 9 oclock that evening they started getting MUCH more painful I couldnt even breath while I was having a contraction. But they were still about 20 minutes apart. So I didn't think it was necessary to call my doc. He told me the 511 rule. That continued for the next complete day. Wednesday night I was in SO MUCH pain I called the doctor and they said if they werent getting closer together I would have to just continue waiting. Well by 6 am Thursday morning I thought I was going to die, literally. I could barely talk so my mother called the new life center and asked them what I should do, they suggest I make an appointment and they would check how far along I was. I got in around 9 am and he checked me. I was 6 cm dilated but still having contractions every 10 minutes NOT 5. They admitted me and since I had been in labor for almost 48 hours I really felt the epidural would just make everything a bit more manageable. Well around 1 oclock they gave me the epidural the first one didnt work, so they had to give me a second one. It finally kicked in! That goodness! Well around 2:45 I felt this odd sensation and they said I was ready. They asked me to push and I did good, they said I was pushing just fine on the epidural but still wanted to take me off just in case :/ which I was not happy about I pushed from about 3pm til 3:50 and thats when my beautiful baby girl finally entered this world. The only thing I regret was waiting so long. It wasnt a very enjoyable labor due to the fact it lasted over 50 hours.  
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Labor? Long? Yes please!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"