Two Under 2
Options

hate rude comments

I love that I am expecting. I just hate the rude comments that I am expecting so soon. I respond by saying my DH and I support our children and no one else. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hate rude comments

• Options

Im sorry =( People are annoying. It's funny that some people hold their tongues about silly things, but when it's about pregnancy and people's choices related to family, most people let comments out without hesitation. 

I had people make faces, say rude things etc and I got pg when DS was just shy of 10 months (I made sure to say we planned it...but it was none of their business anyway). My friend has two kids 13 months apart and by the time she was full term, she said she wanted to punch someone =)

hang in there  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DDs will be 14 months apart, and I get the comments too. All from co-workers and strangers who have no business in our lives! I do want to punch people at times, but DH and I are excited, and the people we care about are excited for us too, so eff the rest of those people and their pointless opinions.

• Options

Sadly, the comments don't stop as your kids get older.  My older 2u2 are almost 6 and 4 1/2.  People constantly make comments about how close in age they are, how busy we must be, better me than them, etc. 

Baby #4 and DD#2 will be 16 months apart and I am already showing (11 weeks along) and people are giving me the weirdest looks.  In the grocery store, I had all three kids with me and I was visibly showing and a stranger goes, "You do know how that keeps happening, right?"  I couldn't even speak a response I was so floored by her complete rudeness.  We are in our 30s, we own a house, have a nice car, DH is a SAHD (by choice - we get that a lot too) etc - we are not destitute for crying out loud! 

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • Options
    I got so sick of the "whoops" comments I could have choked someone.  Not it was not an accident, and who says that crap anyhow?!  Some people have no common sense! 
    Snuggling after a nap! Claira 2 yrs and Sophia 11 months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yes ladies. I think if we punch people with rude comments we should not be charged. :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My girls are 11 months apart, so let me know if you have any questions. 

We got our fair share of rude comments as well.  People just need to mind their own business.

• Options
    Sorry! :(  I find that no matter the situation people make horribly rude comments to pregnant women.  It's like we're obviously "weaker" and they feel this uncontrollable urge to pick on us!!  I agree w/ PP, you should be able to punch them and get away. 
  • Options

I have to say that when I saw your ticker my first thought was "OMG, I could NOT do that!" so maybe people's comments come from imagining what it would be like for them.  Doesn't make the rude comments OK, but maybe some perspective.

If you and your H are willing to have two so close together, I think that's awesome. Good for you!

• Options

We go t tons of comments when I was pregnant and lots now that she is here.

The one that we get the most is "wow, you really have your hands full"  I usually respond one of two ways:

1) "sure do - full of LOVE and kisses, and ........" or

2) "sure do - speaking of that - can you grab my diaper bag, cell phone, purse, groceries, etc

ETA - my girls are 12 months and 10 days apart

• Options
    I got comments like that all the time as well and mine were 21 months apart. ?I got all sorts of, "wow, that was fast," ?and "already?" and "wow, you're just popping them out". ?I thought approximately 2 years apart was a fairly common age difference, but I guess not.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We have only told our families so far that we are expecting again. And we've gotten the "already" from the in-laws and my dad telling me that we really should've waited until my daughter was older. Ummm yeah - how about congrats instead of the negativity all the time Sad.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"