Boston Babies

Jan. tourist in Boston with a baby

My sister and her husband will visit a month after my baby is born, January 11th. She wants to go to Boston while she's here and play tourist. Her baby will be 7.5 months then. I lived in Boston years ago and remember January being the coldest month of the year. Winter was definitely not the time of year I would stroll Newbury Street or hang out at Quincy Market.

I don't know anything about getting around with a baby. Will the baby freeze? If they go, is it better to use the Bjorn or my Uppababy stroller? They're actually from Miami so they'll be borrowing our stuff. Perhaps you can suggest some indoor things for them to do. I can only think of the MFA and Pru/Copley (but a mall is just a mall right?).

TYIA! 

Re: Jan. tourist in Boston with a baby

• Unless she has a snuggly full-body winter outdoor suit, I'd use the stroller instead of the Bjorn.  That way you can bundle her up in blankets or a BundleMe (if you have one).  The Uppababy even does pretty well on snow, I'm told.

If her baby is crawling by then, they could go to the Boston Children's Museum.  They have a great pre-walker area!  We had a great time at the aquarium when my son was that age, too...he loved the fish (still does). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate it. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"