Stay at Home Moms
Options

Homeschool check

As promised, I am restarting the homeschool check this week.  Please feel free to ask the homeschoolers on this board any questions that you have about homeschooling.

How did everyone do this week?

And for fun to give interested parties an overview of homeschooling:

1. Do you belong to a homeschooling group?  If so, what do you do with your group?

2. What are your favorite on-line educational resources?

Re: Homeschool check

• Options

I don't post here and am not apart of the homeschool group, but I was lurking and had a question.

Has anyone heard of or use the 5 in a Row curriculum?  To be more exact, I'm interested in the Before 5 in a Row for preschoolers.  Any info is appreciated.    

• Options
    imagecocadoll:

I don't post here and am not apart of the homeschool group, but I was lurking and had a question.

Has anyone heard of or use the 5 in a Row curriculum?  To be more exact, I'm interested in the Before 5 in a Row for preschoolers.  Any info is appreciated.    

I don't know anything about those programs but I couldn't resist telling you that your little guys are absolutely gorgeous!  Ari is going to be a heart breaker some day! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We are just homeschooling our kindergarten aged son, and considering doing it for future years as well.  Of cousre we aren't very structured for kindergarted, and learn whenever things come up (and whenever the baby isn't crying!!). 

1. I'd love to find a group in my area (Toronto, Canada) but haven't looked too hard yet.

2. I love this blog frugalfamilyfunblog.com

Thanks!! 

Mom to 4 boys under age 6 Evan, Darren, Liam & Isaac
  • Options
    imageRead2Me:
    imagecocadoll:

I don't know anything about those programs but I couldn't resist telling you that your little guys are absolutely gorgeous!  Ari is going to be a heart breaker some day! 

Thanks!  He always make funny cheese sounds at the camera and it makes all his smiles all scrunched up...lol

• Options

DS is really making progress on reading.  He is sounding out words and starting to put them together.  He is also recognizing a lot of words.  He can successfully add +1 to anything and with small numbers can add +2.  His sign language has been going really well.  I think sign language is the thing that he enjoys the most currently.  We checked out Signing Time at the library, and he loves it. It seems to help do something productive with all of his energy. 

We are in a homeschooling group.  We participate in the monthly planning meeting, field trips, weekly trips to the park, holiday parties, and I teach science. We just had our Halloween party this past week, and it was a blast.  The kids carved pumpkins, made masks, made foam crafts, and put together a skeleton.  One of the moms baked the pumpkin seeds.  We all brought a dish to share along with craft supplies to share.  

Our favorite educational resources on-line are Star Fall, The Savy Parent, and Science Bob

• Options
    imagecocadoll:

I am not familiar with that curriculum.  However, here is a site for homeschooling curriculum reviews.  Also, you could attend a curriculum fair. 

• Options
    I don't come on this board a whole lot, but I'm really excited to see a post dedicated to homeschooling.  DH and I are strongly considering it for DD (and future children) and it's always nice to have support from others.  Thanks for the few links that were posted in regards to the Family Fun blog and the curriculum reviews.  I'll definitely check them out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"