Two Under 2
Options

Do you use leash?

For those (used to be) 2u2 moms whose kids are walking already, do you use leash on them when you bring them out by yourself?

#2 has started walking around and hates to sit on stroller when he sees his sister walking around.. I try to put them on strollers but if the errands run a little longer, they get impatient and throw a fit.. It gets chaotic when I let the two roam around because I'm practically chasing them around.. #1 doesn't always listen and #2 hates to hold hand..

I've been thinking of using the leash but feels so guilty about it... is there any other work around?

TIA!

Re: Do you use leash?

• Options

I havent used a leash yet. But I am not going to say I never would.

I dont think you have anything to feel guilty about! I would rather have two safe kids on a leash than have one run off into traffic or get lost somewhere.

• Options
    In your situation, yes I would definitely use a leash. I'm sure we will when my LOs are that age, especially if they're not fond of holding hands/like to run off and explore. I would not feel guilt over doing what you need to do to keep your children safe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see no reason to feel guilty about it.  You put your kid in a crib, right?  Did you feel guilty for caging them?  ;)  Safety first.  We haven't used one yet, but I have the monkey backpack and will most definitely use it when I've got two walkers.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    OMGoodness your LO's are adorable! DS has a monkey backpack harness leash and we've used it at the airport before. I don't care if people judge me, I'm not losing my child.
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • Options
    What a beautiful picture! :) And yes, we have used the monkey backpack for DS1 because he won't sit still. He likes the monkey and will tolerate it for a while, which is great to keep him safe. I don't "like" leashing him but it keeps him safe so I will continue doing it when necessary.
    2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • Options

I haven't used one but WISHED I'd had one while with the 2 of them alone at the airport.

As for daily errands.....  they were simply not allowed to be down. 

If we were shopping they rode in the shopping cart or stroller or we didn't go (for longer errands).

If they refused a cart we had to leave.

I just couldn't handle 2 of them running wild in public places like stores.

It was a short time that it was an issue relatively speaking and frankly they really like running errands so when I put my foot down they did in fact choose to ride over having to go home.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    you should not feel guilty doing whatever you have to do to keep your children safe and near you.  if you're kids go for it, use it!  my older one was such a pain w/ it when we tried to use it earlier this summer- she'd walk around me and hang- it just didn't work anymore.  I think those that give you a side-eye should shut their mouths and realize a mom's gotta do whatever works for HER kids to keep them safe.
  • Options

We are experiencing this same issue. We don't own a backpack/leash, but I've been wondering if it would be a good idea.

DS2 does not want to sit still anywhere. Grocery shopping with him is a nightmare, and he starts screaming after about 10 minutes of it. Distractions (toys/drinks/snacks) work for a little bit, but not very long. He also isn't a fan of staying in the stroller or eating out if it is taking too long. He's very impatient and just wants to run, run, run. DS1 was never like this while we were out and about. He was super active but had no problems sitting in a grocery cart or stroller, so this has taken me a bit by surprise.

I don't have any advice for you but just wanted to sympathize. :)

Your kids are adorable, by the way! Love that picture!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Options

Thanks so much for the input! :) I guess whatever works to keep them safe!

• Options
    When I have 2 running around, I am using a leash!! 
    10 MONTHS APART AND LOVIN IT! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • Options

I have in disney because he wanted to walk, walk, walk and I didn't want to have to worry about chasing after him since he doesn't like to hold hands when walking. Mine's more "tasteful" i guess.. people laughed at it.. or him really because he walks really funny and gets so excited and shrieks.

• Options

No we don't use leashes and I'm pretty positive I never will. I've made it this far without one. DS is almost 2.5 and DD is 15 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"