North Carolina Babies
Options

any charlotteans???

Realize this probably a common question...anyone else looking at possibly using a daycare or nanny service at all?  I am a nurse (my hospital does offer childcare but its expensive!!) and would need flexible hours.

Didn't know if any of you had already made plans for childcare if you continue to work...?

Recommendations?

image 36weeks in image 36ish weeks out Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: any charlotteans???

• Options
    I haven't made any solid plans yet. I'm hoping to find a home daycare in my area or maybe a nanny. I'm not super thrilled about the daycare center idea at this point.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My son is in a daycare center and I love it- I don't have to worry about the provider being sick or on vacation, and he loves being around the other kids. For that reason, I haven't looked into a nanny, and I work regular business hours too.  But I was looking for a cleaning service awhile ago and used Care.com,they also had a section where you could look for childcare providers. I think Sittercity.com is the same as well. Good luck!
    M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was a nanny in Charlotte part time before becoming a mom...but have no day care info!

Kristen, the owner of First Choice Sitters will work for you to get you a sitter or nanny placement....all sitters are background checked and interviewed.  She's responsive.

Carolina's Preferred Sitters is owned by Christine.  She's a nice lady, but I have heard better things about FCS.  All nannies background checked/interviewed, of course.

Also had some luck finding sitting jobs on Sittercity, and I know some babysitting families had luck finding a sitter.  Just be cautious :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"