Upstate NY Babies
Options

So thankful for my dad!

We had a toilet leaking, seemed to be around the wax seal on the floor. The floor/basement ceiling was wet....yuck! I called my dad (who can do anything!) and he was over to fix it by lunch time! It was a bit more than he anticipated but he got it all fixed! He saved us a fortune in pluming costs!

I told dh we could never move away, my dad has done so much for us and we would be lost (or broke) without him! I have to find a way to repay him, it isn't even likely that he will take the $20 for the parts he bought! 

Re: So thankful for my dad!

• Options
    That's awesome!  My dad is the same way.  I remember when DH was already in NY, I woke up one morning and the ceiling in my bathroom (right at the light fixture) was wet.  It had poured all night and was going to pour all day.  I called my dad (who lives 45 mins from our house in Ohio) and he told me to leave him a key out and he'd come after work.  Sure enough, he was there just after lunch, and called me at work to tell me he fixed a leak in the roof!  He was soaking wet and freezing....he got up there in the pouring rain to fix our roof.  
  • Options

That's so awesome! My dad can do a lot of things, and knows so much that he's often my go-to guy for any house-related questions.

My dad doesn't take any monry, either, so I usually have to treat him to something as repayment.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Dad's are the best! My dad is a "mr. fix-it" too, thank god... cuz DH is NOT!(bless his heart, he tries!)

I would invite him over for a nice dinner, or buy him some beer? (that always works for my dad... he's a huge micro-brew drinker, so I get him a 6-pack of something good)

• Options
    dad's are awesome. mine is the same way. he can do anything.  It's hard for me to let dh try and do things himself instead of calling my dad for advice.  How do dads know how to do everything? it doesn't seem like dh is going to know all that
  • Options
    Aww. Thats wonderful.. There are NO handy males in my family.. Not my husband, my father or my FIL..
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    So nice!  My dad would never take payment either.  Invite them over for dinner?  Or out to dinner, although that you may have to pull the waitress aside from the get-go in order to actually be able to pay.  Something extra nice for Christmas?
  • Options

That's awesome!  My dad is the same way - can seriously do ANYTHING!

The man built his own shop (he's a large machinery welder by trade), my parents cabin, does electric work, plumbing, auto work,knows everything about farming and nature, etc...  You name it, he can do it.  The man has even built a fire truck!

He even uses these skills to help those who are less fortunate - all the time. He is such an amazing person. 

I really wish I had learned more from him - I may have to do something about that...

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    That is so great!  My Dad is not handy at all, but luckily DH and FIL are.  Only DH takes forever to complete a project.  But he can do it. 
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"