Washington Babies
Options

Weight Watchers

I just started, I know many of you ladies are doing/have done WW. Any tricks or tips you could share?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weight Watchers

• Options

Good luck!  I've had great experience in the past [right now, not so much!]. My tips:

track track track!  [you need to track points - if I find myself slipping, it's because I've been estimating my points instead of really tracking them]; drink water, figure out some good 0 point snacks to get you through tough times, and find a go-to meal; mine is pb&j.  I pack it in my lunch every day as I know the points and that it'll fill me up [I use s/f jelly and sara lee 45 cal bread].

And, I love WW online.  Meetings are just okay for me, but weigh-ins are huge.  I do everything online but still do the weigh ins because they keep me on track.

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I second that, track everything don?t estimate. Drink plenty of water, drink if you think you are hungry and wait 20 minutes if you are still hungry then eat something. Always eat breakfast. Use your weekly bonus points but not all at once that always backfires and I get off track the next day ? I like to split my points right away in the day. I plan out what I?m having for breakfast/lunch/dinner then fill in with snacks and use no more than 5 bonus points in one day typically. If you get off track just start again tomorrow that is what is so great about the plan.

I just typed this up for a friend so I hope these ideas help get you started:

Breakfast:

Hard boiled egg ? 2 pts

Oroweat double fiber English muffin (with spray can?t believe it?s not butter) ? 1 pt

Egg whites/turkey bacon scramble w/ salsa

Weight watcher?s yogurts ? 1 pt

TJ?s microwave oatmeal w/ brown sugar ? 3pts

Multigrain cheerios 1 cup ? 2 pts

Lunch:

WW frozen meals ? 5-7 pts ea

Veggie Burger ? morning star veggie patty, slice fat free sharp cheddar cheese, 9 grain sandwich thin, mustard ? 4pts

Subway sandwich

Zero point salad: lettuce, mushrooms, peppers, grape tomatoes, cucumber and 3 TBSP balsamic vinegar.

Healthy choice 0 and 1 point soups

Snacks:

100 calorie pack anythings ? 2 pts

Laughing cow light cheese on celery ? 1 pt

Carrots and low fat ranch

Wheat thins flat bread 2 large crackers ? 1 pt

Sugar Free fudgesicles ? 0 pt

Skinny Cow Low Fat ice cream sandwiches ? 2 pts

Apple ? 1 pt

WW chocolate cr?me cake ? 1 pt

94% fat free popcorn with garlic salt ? 1 pt

Low fat cottage cheese & pineapple

Drinks:

Crystal light

WATER

Coffee with sugar free syrup

Ice tea w/ splenda

Dinner:

Chunky Spaghetti: 7 pts (serves 4)

Ingredients

1 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast    14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes    14 1/2 oz Contadina Diced Tomatoes With Italian herbs    4 cup(s) cooked whole wheat pasta, One cup per serving. Linguini.    1 tsp cayenne pepper, or more to taste.    1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste.    1 Tbsp minced garlic, more or less to taste.    1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, more or less to top pasta and sauce.   

Instructions

Brown ground turkey, add italian seasioning, salt and pepper and garlic to taste. When completely browned add 2 cans of diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, add crushed red pepper flakes and cayenne to taste.
    Meanwhile, cook pasta to package directions.
    Serve 1 cup of pasta and 1 cup of chunky meat sauce over pasta. Serve with a sprinkle of cheese to taste.

Turkey & Black Bean Chili: 5 pts (serves 6)

2 tsp olive oil    1 medium onion(s), chopped    1 item(s) bell pepper(s), chopped    2 tsp garlic clove(s), minced    30 oz canned black beans, 2, 15 oz cans. Rinsed and drained.    30 oz canned diced tomatoes, 2, 15 oz cans.    3 tsp chili powder    2 tsp McCormick Ground cumin    1 tsp ground oregano    1 tsp table salt    1/2 cup(s) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese    1/4 cup(s) fat-free sour cream    1 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast   

Ingredients

Instructions

Saute onions, garlic and pepper in 2 tsp olive oil, until soft about 5 minutes. Set aside.
    Brown ground turkey.
    Add tomatoes, black beans, onions and green pepper to turkey mixture. Add spices (to taste) and bring to a boil.
    Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
    Serve 1 cup of chili with 1 tbsp sour cream and 2 tbsp cheese.

BBQ Turkey Joes: 6 pts (serves 4)

Ingredients

4 medium mixed-grain hamburger roll(s)    1 cup(s) barbecue sauce    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper    1/2 medium onion(s)    1/2 medium sweet red pepper(s)    1/2 medium bell pepper(s)    1 pound(s) lean ground turkey   

Instructions

Saute peppers and onions, add ground turkey, brown and drain if needed. Add BBQ sauce and cayenne, combine and heat through. Top bun with one cup and serve.

Easy Hawaiian Chicken: 6 pts (serves 4)

Ingredients

1 Tbsp minced garlic or 2-4 cloves pressed.    1 Tbsp ground ginger    2 cup(s) soy sauce, Aloha soy sauce.    3 breast(s) cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast   

Instructions

Mix soy, sugar, garlic, ginger - microwave mixture for one minute. Pour over chicken (skin side down) in baking dish. Cover with foil. Cook for 45 minutes at 350. Flip chicken and cook for another 20-30 minutes uncovered.
    Serve with rice. To make sweeter add ? cup sugar, include in pts value.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I lost 60lbs on ww 2 years ago.   I will do it again once I have the baby!  My fav things were Edamame from costco.  You can have a whole bag for 1pt.  Sara lee reduced fat bread 2 slices = 1 pt, boca burgers(also from costco because they are bigger and still the same pt wise =1pt. SO for 2pts I would make a boca burger on sara lee bread with mustard and pickles!  Also the progresso sounds many are 0pts per serving and just 1pt per container or 1.5pts per can.  bagel thins from orowheat 1pt.  I ate 98%fat free popcorn like it was going out of style because you could have the whole bag for 1pt! 

I can say that if I don't go to meetings and feel like someone is holding me accountable then I don't lose weight as well.   I still drank pop the entire time.  I needed the caffine so I drank coke zero.  Also now there is that power aide zero that is great for after work outs.  I started off working out slowly but soon was doing 45min at least on the eliptical 5 times a week and it really made a difference!

My fav indulgence was pumpkin muffins

1 box non-pudding type cake mix but spice cake, vanilla or chocolate

1 15oz can pumpkin puree

3/4 cup water

mix and put into mini muffin tins and make at 425 for about 15 min  They are 1 pt each and sooo yummy!

imageimage Brothers! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"