Adoption
Options

Crapola!!! (Vent)

The legal father was supposed to come in today to sign his TPR, and he missed his appointment. 

I'm sooo frustrated that this is the last step before we can schedule a court date to finalize, and this guy, who has nothing to do with our DD, and hasn't even SEEN his wife, our BM in over 10-years, is required to TPR because the State considers him the "legal" father, and actually has more rights than the Bio-father, all because he hasn't divorced the BM in the last 10-years since they seperated!!!

Come on dude, step up to the plate, keep your appointment, and sign the TPR, then you never have to worry about this baby, that you've already verbally expressed want nothing to do with!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Crapola!!! (Vent)

• Options
    Ugh!  How frustrating!  I really hope he completes his part ASAP!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    Holy smokes! How the heck is he even a factor?!?!
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageHoneydew1894:
    Holy smokes! How the heck is he even a factor?!?!

In the State of California, if you're married and your wife has a baby, you are legally the father, and responsible for that child up to and including child support for the mother if you aren't together.  It's a crazy law!

It's not a matter of TPR, it's a matter of, is it going to be simple, and he'll sign voluntarily, which he was supposed to do today, or do we have to have our attorney file with the court to terminate his rights, which takes months, and costs us additional money.

We really, really, really, really, really want to finalize this year, and to do that, we need him to sign in the next week!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Crapola is the exact response I wanted to give. Geez, that is beyond ridiculous! Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You would think that he would have been in a rush to sign since he is notthe father and BM could go after him for money......
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"