Adoption

Know that people are rooting for you- non-Adoptee mother (warning tickers in post)

All,

I just wanted to let you know that there are people in the world who are rooting for you- even those who have not necessarily adopted themselves.

While I personally have not traveled the road of adoption, I have several close friends who have. I've seen their long journeys and in their 2 cases- amazing, wonderful results :-) Within the last 2 years, two dear friends have adopted beautiful children, who were the same age as my daughter. In my own prayers, I pray for them everynight, and thank God not only for making their families what they have hoped, but for enriching our extended family with their presence, too. It's a blessing for us all!

I am currently helping a friend with her international adoption process (she is a single-mom, currently waiting for a child from Ethiopia). I recently attended a panel discussion with her that was focused on the role of extended family & friends during the adoption process. I took some great notes, and I shared them with our circle of friends. I was SO amazed, touched and just overwhelmed with emotion. It is such a beautiful process and I am honored to be of support to her while she goes through this. I don't think I will forget the emotion of that evening and I felt lucky to be there. I can't wait for the next steps.

Anyway, you may be wondering why I decided to post. I guess I have seen posts on here and I just wanted to remark about the sense of community you have built. I wanted to say that I think it's admirable and such a worthy resource.

I know there are so many babies and children out there that need loving parents, and my wish for you is that you meet your forever children as soon as possible. While I personally have experienced (difficult) pregnancies, I know that it does not matter how you become a parent, but the minute that baby or child is placed in your arms...it really doesn't matter how they got there....you are theirs as much as they are yours. 

I'm encouraging my friend who is adopting to join this forum- I know she will get sound advice and great resources in doing so.

Again, I hope I am not out of place posting this....just wanted to share. I wish you all the very best...and know there are people out there rooting for you. ;-)

Re: Know that people are rooting for you- non-Adoptee mother (warning tickers in post)

• Thanks for your words of encouragement!!

It's wonderful that you've educated yourself and can be supportive of your friends. 

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Thanks for posting and thanks for getting educated and supporting your friends. So many people don't go out of their way to get educated and it means a lot to me.
    After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for posting!!! I agree that while all of our family and friends are very supportive of our process, most of them really haven't tried to educate themselves about the process. It's very nice that you have and can be even more of a support system to your friends!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What a thoughtful post!  I am so glad you are educating yourself about adoption and helping your friend out. I hope to "see" your friend on here soon.  You're also right about this forum. We are a community who support and care about each other.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for sharing. We have encountered some less than enthusiastic reactions from family and others. I appreciate that you are so supportive of your friends/family. For some reason, some have a hard time accepting that we will be raising "someone else's child". It irks me that people that had no problem conceiving their children would judge me (or anyone else) for wanting to be a parent.
    The waste in life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used and the selfish prudence that will risk nothing; and which shirking pain, misses happiness as well. Mary Cholmondeley
  • We enjoy support from families that have formed in all ways! Children are a blessing no matter how God gives them to you :) Thanks for the support!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers ***DS 08/27/05***DS 07/08/08***DS 03/22/10***DD 11/20/11**** M/C 09/04/04 M/C 11/15/04 M/C molar pregnancy lost twins second tri 05/14/07 M/C 09/29/07 M/C 02/21/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"