Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

A Question About Follow Up Appts

I have my follow up appt. this afternoon for my surgery I had Saturday.  I will find out when I can return to work & what my restrictions are for the next month or so.  What has me worried is that there are a lot of pregnant patients at the practice who like to complain, as well as new moms.  How would (or did you) handle the situation? What about the office & staff (will they be accomidating)? Any thoughts would be great.  Thanks!
TTC January 2010
BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks

Re: A Question About Follow Up Appts

• Options
    I'm not sure there is much you can do. It will be difficult to be around pregnant ladies and new babies, but you will get through it. You could always call before and ask them if they can be extra quick to get you in a room or something. At my follow up appt I don't remember who else was in the waiting room or who I passed in the halls. I kept my head down and focused on staying calm. Don't worry too much. You'll be okay.
    Lucy 12.18.06, Will 6.21.09 & Adeline 11.2.11
  • Options
    When I made my follow up appt, I asked to have either the first or last appt of the day. I was given the last and I was so relieved to walk into an empty waiting room. The receptionist did tell me on the phone that if I wanted to wait outside or in my car, she would call me when the doctor was ready so I wouldn't have to be with any preggers. That was if I couldn't get first or last appt. They were also aware of my loss b/c of my file, which I think made them so much kinder. Maybe you could ask for them to do that for you. Good luck and let us know how it goes :) I'll be thinking of you :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"