Natural Birth
Options

From my Doula's facebook page...

My doula and her partner post when they attend a birth - and in the face of women being told their baby was "too big" to be delivered vaginally, I just wanted to share this little story:

D attended her 125th birth today with repeat doula clients - congratulations to E and C who had their 2nd VBAC today at Morristown Hospital. E labored at home for most of labor, used TENS and the shower at home, got to the hospital at 6-7 cm, labored for several more hours, and pushed out her 10 lb. 3 oz. baby ...boy in three pushes! I am so happy for them and so honored to have been a part of their birth.

I know I can do this... and reading stories like this just makes me even more determined!!

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
The Dandelion Archive
"If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: From my Doula's facebook page...

• Options
    Are you in NJ? If so that is my backup hospital!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am! I'm delivering at Riverview (i live in Monmouth County).
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for sharing the story. We just watched a video in our Bradley class where a woman birthed her third baby (in a tub) and he weighed 9lbs and 3 or 4 ounces. It can be done! Our Bradley instructor has said many times that most of the time "you would not create a child you were not capable of birthing"..

GL

image image
  • Options
    That's true - it's totally possible. Our bodies are amazing! My good friend had a home birth with a midwife and delivered a 10lb, 14oz boy. :) 
  • Options
    Absolutely. Even though my mw said she didn't think BDP would get to be that big, she said they certainly weren't intimidated by large babies, seeing as how her son was 11 lbs. :)
  • Options
    I can't understand this sudden "your baby is too big to give birth vaginally" fear that OB's are putting on expectant mothers.  Tons of people in my familiy and friends have given birth to babies who weighed more than 9lbs. 
  • Options
    Honestly I think it's something docs tell their patients to make them feel better about the c-section.  I just read in "Birthing from Within" that while it's true in a VERY small amount of cases - there's no way to tell until the woman is actually IN active labor and pushing.  I did see a documentary about African women whose pelvises tend to weaken due to malnutrition, preventing them from being able to push their babies out.  But seriously, how often could something like that happen in a developed country?
  • Options

imagejteneback:
    Are you in NJ? If so that is my backup hospital!

Excellent choice.  I had a fantastic med-free experience at Morristown.

Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"