Houston Babies

recommend your video monitor!

i'd like to get one for my sister, who is expecting DC2... we have the summer infant handheld one, which i'm fine with... just wondering what others are popular now since we bought ours a few years ago... thanks!

Re: recommend your video monitor!

• We have the same as you. Has your gotten really staticy? I wouldn't trade a video monitor for anything but I almost have to turn the volume all the way off to sleep.

Still, I think the Summer handheld is a great option. Love the portable monitor and think the picture is really clear. 

• i used to have static issues with mine, but then discovered that if i moved my cell phone away from it, it solved the problem!  hth!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerayskit10:

We have the same as you. Has your gotten really staticy? I wouldn't trade a video monitor for anything but I almost have to turn the volume all the way off to sleep.

Still, I think the Summer handheld is a great option. Love the portable monitor and think the picture is really clear. 

We have the Summer Flat Screen Monitor and it has always had a lot of static, we turn the volume all the way down because we have the Angel Care System that has a room monitor with it and it only goes off if there is actually noise in the room.   I love our combination of monitors!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • imagerayskit10:

We have the same as you. Has your gotten really staticy? I wouldn't trade a video monitor for anything but I almost have to turn the volume all the way off to sleep.

We have the Summer Flat Screen Monitor and it has always had a lot of static, we turn the volume all the way down because we have the Angel Care System that has a room monitor with it and it only goes off if there is actually noise in the room.   I love our combination of monitors!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • imagealisa1228:
    i used to have static issues with mine, but then discovered that if i moved my cell phone away from it, it solved the problem!  hth!

It happens all the time, everywhere in the house. Bummer. I kind of think it might be our WiFi. I'm not getting rid of that, so I guess I'll just deal ;) 

• We have the best View Summer Infant Color Video monitor with night vision and so domost people we know. We LOVE this video monitor.

Rayskit10 - I think the static is from the Wifi. When I have it close to the laptop the static is worse.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• imageSigmundsGirl:

We have the best View Summer Infant Color Video monitor with night vision and so domost people we know. We LOVE this video monitor.

Rayskit10 - I think the static is from the Wifi. When I have it close to the laptop the static is worse.

I never thought of the WiFi...that would explain the static at our house too.

• I like the Summer handheld, as well - however, I just saw one a friend had that will toggle between 2 cameras every 10 secs.  With mine, you have to physcially change the frequency from A to B to check 2 different cameras.  I would prefer the toggling one in case one of them gets sick or something, then you will at least hear them over the monitor overnight.  With 2 kiddos, she might want to look into that one, if she still has a monitor on DC1. (I think it was a Summer, too - it was just more up to date than mine)
  • We have a Summer Infant Slim n Secure.  Love it!
  • We got the Summer Day and Night from our registry but it was SUPER staticy so I went and traded it for the Summer Infant Slim and Secure and absolutely NO static or interference. Love it!
  • Are there any that attach to a crib? I REALLY don't want to drill holes in the wall =(

• imagestarlettedir:

Are there any that attach to a crib? I REALLY don't want to drill holes in the wall =(

I understand you not wanting to drill a hole into a wall, but putting the camera on a crib isn't safe.  There was just a story and CPSC warnings on putting video monitor cameras on cribs because of the risk of strangulation.  The wire is way too close for the baby to reach it.

After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have the Summer Day & Night handheld.  It works, but I'm going to get a newer Summer version for #2.  The Day & Night is staticy, and sometimes the volume just turns down on its own which is annoying.  Will either get the Best View or the Slim & Secure.
    After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageSigmundsGirl:

We have the best View Summer Infant Color Video monitor with night vision and so domost people we know. We LOVE this video monitor.

ditto

• imageCajun_gal:
    imagestarlettedir:

Are there any that attach to a crib? I REALLY don't want to drill holes in the wall =(

I understand you not wanting to drill a hole into a wall, but putting the camera on a crib isn't safe.  There was just a story and CPSC warnings on putting video monitor cameras on cribs because of the risk of strangulation.  The wire is way too close for the baby to reach it.

We have the Summer Day and Night and I LOVE it. We haven't had any static problems...but I do still use my Sony Sight and Sounds monitor for audio since it is quiet and only turns on when there is a change in the volume in the room...i.e. no "white noise".

Our video monitor came with mounting tape...so I guess it would just stick to the wall, no drilling involved. I set ours on a small shelf that's close enough to get a good view of the crib, but not close enough for her to be able to reach the cord.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCajun_gal:
    imagestarlettedir:

We have the Summer Day and Night and I LOVE it. We haven't had any static problems...but I do still use my Sony Sight and Sounds monitor for audio since it is quiet and only turns on when there is a change in the volume in the room...i.e. no "white noise".

Our video monitor came with mounting tape...so I guess it would just stick to the wall, no drilling involved. I set ours on a small shelf that's close enough to get a good view of the crib, but not close enough for her to be able to reach the cord.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagestarlettedir:

The Summer handheld camera is very small. Ours is stuck using that removable velcro. We did have the camera resting on the side of the crib (our sides are 2" wide) but as soon as Mathis started to move around, we hung it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"