Potty Training

what do you use besides pullups?

i have had success with my DD suddenly using the potty at home with 100% success at 22 months (YAY!), but i still put her in a diaper when we go out (she usually stays dry though, we're keeping to short outings so we can avoid accidents).  i dont want to keep using diapers, but i'm not a fan of pullups (i feel like they're still diapers and i want her to feel WET if she has an accident... i just dont want it to leak all over the carseat/store/etc)

i heard from one random person at a store that the iplay pants are great, and we loved our iplay swim diaper... any other ideas?

TIA!!!

Re: what do you use besides pullups?

• I don't know what iplay are, but I use cloth trainers and underpants 100% of the daytime hours, now that he's doing well. I had used pull ups when we were out and about at first to help him relax, and now we still use them at night (we used CDs but never had much luck over night, and I like that these are just like pants, so they're his night time pants). His cloth trainers are his nap-time pants, and he wears his big boy pants the rest of the time. Although I'm thinking he wets more in his training pants, so I may experiment wtih loosing them and using just pants. (We've had good dryness in them when out and about in naps.)
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • There is something called a piddle pad that you can put in her car seat. That would avoid that mess, but still let her feel the wetness when she goes. I think I saw it on Potty Training concepts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We never used pullups or training pants (we used CD so we saw no point to use them) and went straight to underwear.  For serveral months afterwards we would use a pull on diaper cover for naps and bedtime just in case (he's now 2 and we just stopped using them since he never has accidents at naps/bedtime).  When she does have an accident is it alot?  Or just a spot?  You could use a diaper cover or I know it sounds odd but if its just a spot have you thought of a panty liner in her underwear?
  • There are training pants- I bought DD some @ Hanna Anderson- they aren't waterproof though, so if she fully empties her bladder there will be a puddle on the floor.  There are also some training pants that the outer layer is waterproof.  There are also rubber training pants that go over underwear but I think they suck because it's an extra layer for the child (or you) to remove before using the potty.  

I watch a 3 yr old in my home 2 days a week and I had him wear the training pants w/ the waterproof outer because he didn't tell me when he needed to go, and/or would get distracted while playing and just wet himself (also he hated the potty for a while- training him 2 days a week was worse than training my DD full time!)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We are right about where you are- it sounds silly, but what we did a couple times was let him wear underwear, and use a cloth training pant on top of it.  That way, he still thought he was wearing underwear, and I had some peace of mind. But after he stayed dry both times we did that, I've been venturing out in just underwear.  We do use cloth diapers, so it was an obvious choice to use cloth training pants.  But they really are great!  They will FEEL wet in them, plus you just wash and reuse. Perfecto. ;-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"