VBAC
Options

Clicky Poll: VBACs and going Natural

Since many of us came over here from the natural birth board, I'm kind of curious.
[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clicky Poll: VBACs and going Natural

• Options
    I planned to go natural for my VBAC but after 26 hours with pitocin, I needed the epidural.  It wasn't really the pain so much that I needed a nap!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    I've had 2 VBACs with no drugs at all... they actually went to fast to even think about getting an epidural or anything, crazy since my first was such a long drawn out process.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm a SS. I will prepare for a med free birth just like I did with the last one. But I have seen enough to know that for some births, it's not so much a matter of wanting the drugs. It's a matter of needing them at some point just to keep up energy or get some rest.

I am more open to pain medications than I was for #1 because of the experiences I have read about from other women on TB.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm completley happy to have an epidural, in theory, but am worried that anything that requires me to be stationary will slow me down, and therefore drastically lower my chances of a vbac. 
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Options
    I had my completely med-free VBAC last week and it was incredible!  :D
  • Options
    I am a natural birth instructor....that probably answer is it for me. I also learned a lot in my CLC class about how meds in labor can effect baby for up to a month! Just solidified my decision.....
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"