Adoption
Options

No call back/or returned emails

How long do you wait until you call back or email back an agency that you are interested in getting information about? Is this a bad sign not to deal w/them?

I emailed them Sunday night & then I called & was transferred to a lady that would give information about adopting/fostering & left a msg yesterday mid morning (tues). No responses from email or phone call. I know 2 families that have used this agency so I'm intersted in what they can offer

Re: No call back/or returned emails

• Options

I normally wait a week before trying again and then move on. We eliminated quite a few agencies because they weren't kind enough to return a phone call and/or email.

Name drop the two families you know next time you get someone live, that may help.

Katie, PCOS since May 2005, Fostering since November 2010 Adoption since December 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    *PCOS bio* *Cold Hands, Warm Heart*
  • Options
    Wait about a week then try again and if you do not get a human move on.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks. When I called, a lady did answer the phone & when asked to receive more information about fostering/adopt she transferred me to "J" & I left a msg w/her. I hope they call back if not maybe by the beginning of next week.

• Options
    I use to work for an adoption agency and if it's busy for them they have a list of who to call back first. If you're at the bottom then it feels like an eternity to hear back. GL
    Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I'm sorry but I'm REALLY big on callbacks. Not just from agencies but anyone business related. I normally give 48 hours before I start getting anxious. Will give 72 hours before a call back. If I haven't heard anything back after the second call/message/e-mail a week later I will move on.

I'm one of those people that when I'm ready to "start" doing something then I want it to move quickly. I try to remember patience and the time I wait is teaching me something. Although, I think it's plain rude to not hear back after a week, not to mention unprofessional.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"