VBAC

doula?

Anyone thinking of using a doula for your vbac? I think extra support would be amazing but its $600 and I could put that towards a lot of diapers!!
Owen is 2.5 yrs old and Molly is almost 1!

Re: doula?

• I spoke with a midwife and she said that really doula's are good for people who are ising doctor and not a midwife because the midwife are pretty much right by your side the entire process. Where is doctor come in and out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am switching midwife practices next month to the one with the highest VBAC rate in the area and go figure that they recommend getting a doula where my other midwife group never mentioned it.  We decided after DS was born that we are getting one, although mine is more like $1100, gulp!
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup - we're paying the $650 for ours.

Here are the main reasons I did it:

- in our c/s, I felt that neither DH nor I were emotionally in a place where we were able to stop and ask questions, and I need someone who knows what questions to ask and isn't so wrapped up in what is happening that they lose their voice.  I know no matter what happens, I need to feel heard, and I think the doula will help us get our voices out there.

- I'm nervous about positioning being an issue again with this one, and in the labor room, I'm probably not going to be able to look up stuff online - hence the doula who hopefully can help me change my position to get baby in a better position for delivery.

If cost is an issue, there are student doulas who will do it at a reduced price or even free.  We almost opted for that - found one we really clicked with, but I decided with the VBAC I wanted experience on my side.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"