Georgia Babies
Options

Speech therapist recs?

I spoke with Benjamin's teachers this morning and one of the things we discussed was his speech.  They feel that even though he is doing much better with it, speech therapy would maybe be the extra push he needs to help out.  I'm going to call my pedi and ask him for some recs but wanted to see if any of you could recommend your speech therapist too. TIA

Re: Speech therapist recs?

• Options
    If your son is 3 then I would go through the school system for an eval.  If you don't want to do that I would recommend Cobblestone therapy in Roswell.  I used to work for them as an SLP and they are wonderful! 
  • Options
    Thanks so much.  He won't be 3 until February and he is at preschool at a synagogue so he isn't in the regular school system just yet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did PT at CHOA and loved everyone. I am sure any of the girls there would be great. 
  • Options
    We went through CHOA.  We were going to the one on the south side (Mt. Zion) b/c it was closer to my office/daycare.  Now that he's changing daycares to one in Cobb, we can use the one in Marietta and they will do it at his new daycare center.  But for the moment, we are taking a break while we get through all these other transitions.  We actually only did his assessment and 3 sessions, and just from that we were able to see some improvement.  The main thing to me was that they were able to help us see that his speech delay is not b/c of any type of impairment- its more behavioral.  He can say what he wants- its just a matter of convincing him to use his words instead of whining/throwing fits.  Actually, his language has taken off quite a bit since we started potty training (a pleasant surprise!) so for the moment, I am fine with waiting a little while longer to start back up with the therapy.  But anyway, I was really happy with CHOA.  They got us in for the assessment very quickly, but we did have to wait a while to start the therapy sessions b/c our insurance was slow to approve.  Also, just a tip to make sure you check your policy and talk to them about what is covered/required for coverage.  I was shocked to find out that our co-pay was $75 per session!!!!  Another reason that I'm not in a big hurry to start back up again!

• Options

We use Alyssa Yount at Cobblestone Therapy in Roswell and have been very pleased. They were recommended to us by our ped. 

• Options

We saw Ms Leslie at the CHOA branch in Alpharetta (near North Fulton Hospital).  We went once a week for almost a year, I think it was 10 months and she did wonders with Danielle's hypernasality (almost a lispy sounding S).  I'm waiting til Darren's 2 year apt to determine if we will take him or not.  Luckily our insurance DID cover it and our copay was on $15 per visit.  It took CHOA a good 2 months to get back to us with all the insurance worked out though so you need to be patient (and apply early). 

Children's Healthcare at Alpharetta Highway
    11835 Alpharetta Highway
    Roswell, GA 30076-4929 (Fulton County)
    Rehabilitation Services 
    404-785-8470

• Options

I love CHOA! ?I have also heard good things about Cobblestone. ?You couldn't go wrong with either.

?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"