Ohio Babies
Options

Visiting over from Cincy board-- apartment help

teacherjessteacherjess member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

Hi, ladies. I usually post on the Cincy babies board but needed some quick advice from locals.

My sister was offered a job in Columbus, but she needs to start Monday. She is living in Cincinnati and has accepted the job, but obviously needs to find somewhere to live within the next week. She is on a very tight budget because the job is only part-time but was too good to pass up because of the possibility to move up, and so her apartment budget is around $400/month. She is looking for a studio or a one-bedroom. She will be working over near Easton. Can anyone give me any specific complexes within a 20-min. or so radius that she could check out when she's there tomorrow? Anything helps! Thanks so much!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Visiting over from Cincy board-- apartment help

• Options

Hello!

Have her try Clintonville Commons which is near Morse Road and right off of High Street. It would probably be a 15 minute drive for her straight down Morse Rd. Their phone number is 614-262-9988. Studios are in the $400 range there. If she finds anything cheaper, tell her to check out the police records at www.columbuspolice.org because some of the places down Morse Rd. are pretty scary!

Jennifer

Mommy to Luke
  • Options
    $400/month will land you in some fairly sketchy areas...  Has she thought about looking for a roommate?  There are a lot of nice two-bedroom condos out near Easton and there are usually people looking for roommates.  Try Craigslist for that.  Or look for a sublet that might save her some cash and be a little more temporary, and then if the job goes full time she'll be able to get a better place...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't remember the name of the place, but there is a complex down Morse Road towards Hamilton. It's on the left. You turn down between the Toyota dealer and the Speedway. It's not the most swanky place to live, but it is safe. Hope that helps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I lived off of Maple Canyon at York Terrece North. Its in her price range and very clost to easton. Its off of 161 then turn south on Maple Canyon. We got a 2 bedroom for 435... no pools or fancy stuff. The apartment complex is nice and safe... however that area isnt the best. But we lived there for 4 years with no problems. GL to her/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The Grandview area is wonderful! Lots of places within walking distance, safe neighborhood, lots of apartments for rent!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"