High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Chronic Hypertension...18w6d

I was just diagnosed w/ Chronic Hypertension...145/95...I did a google search to learn a little more...I totally get limiting sodium intake...which I've been doing, but clearly I must need to do better...but why in the world would restricting my aerobic activity lower my BP?  When I'm not pregnant and I exercise (granted all I'm doing now is walking, nothing terribly strenuous)...it helps my BP be where it needs to be.  I don't get it.

Help...and TIA!

K

Loving life with DH, DS (5), DD and Angel Baby DS watching down from Heaven! We are excited to be trying for our final LO! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Chronic Hypertension...18w6d

• Options

Are you being referred to a high risk OB/GYN who specializes in pregnancy with HTN?
    I was diagnosed with chronic HTN also & sent to a wonderful OB/GYN whose specialty is dealing with pregnant women with HTN.  He ran some tests to check my heart valves & blood flow & from there decided to put me on some BP meds.  The meds have been working wonderfully & my baby is growing just fine.  Since 33 weeks, I have twice weekly appointments of NST & doctor visit to make sure the baby & I are both doing fine.
    We're doing great & I feel really good after going on the BP meds.

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've been considered High Risk this pregnancy since I lost a baby at 16w5d back in April...so, at the facility here (Ft. Hood) I'm already seeing a doctor (which you only do if you're high risk).  Now, my doc wasn't in today, I saw another doc...but my follow up in 2 weeks is with a midwife...for some reason the doc put on my follow up paperwork that I could see "any provider". 

I had bloodwork done today, am doing my 24 hour pee in a jug this weekend, and had an EKG today.  EKG is normal...so I don't know what they're going to do from here. 

I really don't care what I have to do, I just want this baby healthy.  My work contract ends 5 November, so I have less than 10 days left.  Phew.

Thanks for your response!!

Loving life with DH, DS (5), DD and Angel Baby DS watching down from Heaven! We are excited to be trying for our final LO! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Exercise does help with high BP, but while exercising it can raise your BP.  PIHT (preg. induced hypertension) is different then regular high BP.

I was diagnosed with PIHT at 7 weeks with DD1. At 8wks with my current pregnancy (16wks 5day) now. My OB (who is also a high risk OB) put me on BP meds at the time of diagnosis. It was 150/95 with #2 at 8wks.  So far so good.

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"