Baby Showers
Options

Shower gift ?

I am planning to register at BRU for my shower (which is in January), but it is mainly to get a completion discount. We have already purchased the crib and a few other "big-ticket" items. My sister has given me a TON of baby stuff she saved from my niece. We're talking swing, bouncer, boppy, toys and enough clothes to fill a dresser (just 0-6 months). There is even more clothes in the attic in bigger sizes.  Also a huge pile of baby blankets.

I know that there will be alot of guests that will not shop off my registry. That's reality, I know, I'm ok with it. Having said that, I am wondering what to do with all the clothes I'm sure to get if people don't include receipts, especially since most will come from other stores. I am grateful for anything anyone gives me, but I feel bad that they will be taking the time to go shopping, spending their money and it may never even get to be used before she outgrows it.

I'm not saying that they should buy from my registry, just asking for ideas on what to do if I get a ton of stuff that I can't use or return?

Re: Shower gift ?

• Options
    Just like you would any other time in life.  Say thank you, send a nice card, decide if you want to keep it or not, if you don't want it then give it to goodwill or someone else who can use it. 
  • Options

if you can use the item, use it. ?

but if you know you wont....even if you dont get a gift receipt, you can usually figure out where people bought things. ?if it was purchased at a "boutique" type of store, it will be obvious, and they will give you store credit. ?most people buy baby clothes from places like kohls and target...you dont need a receipt..they will also take it back and give you credit. ? ?

?otherwise, donation is always a great idea!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Set them aside for #2 or your friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"