Alabama Babies
Options

whoa, pain!!!

oh.my.gosh. 

I haven't been able to BF much if at all b/c of Lydia bitting and I have practically ZERO supply now.  Well, trying to dry out and it's hurting like a MO FO!!!!  Whoa.  I have heard that cabbage leaves help, anyone tried this?!!?

Re: whoa, pain!!!

• Options

I've heard that if at all possible, you don't want to stop breastfeeding cold turkey. Could you try to extend it out to a week or so (even just pumping while she takes formula), dropping one feeding every 2-3 days? Even if you aren't getting much milk, it will signal to your body to stop making it slowly... which will be more comfortable :)

Also, mucinex will dry you up and cabbage leaves work too! Don't forget that you can take advil for the pain now since you don't have to worry about LO ingesting it.

Good luck! 

ETA: I am totally dreading when LO gets teeth!  

dx PCOS 2008 ~ Miracle baby DD born June 2010
    BFP#2: 9/25/11 M/C 6 weeks 5 days (CP) 10/13/11
    BFP#3: 12/23/11 Progesterone started 12/29/11 Stick, baby, stick! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    cabbage leaves and any pain killers you might have left over from child birth Stick out tongue
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cabbage leaves worked for me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hope you find something that works!  I have no advice bc I had no pain when I quit BFing (guessing bc my supply was that low?).
  • Options
    the consensus seems to be the cabbage leaves, even googled it earlier. So I'm going to stop and get some after work!!!!
  • Options

imageaubie96:
    the consensus seems to be the cabbage leaves, even googled it earlier. So I'm going to stop and get some after work!!!!

And definitely pump for about 1/2 or 1/4 of the time and maybe one less time than you usually do.  I'm so sorry!

• Options
    imageLeelee06:

imageaubie96:

And definitely pump for about 1/2 or 1/4 of the time and maybe one less time than you usually do.  I'm so sorry!

the cabbage is helping thankfully!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"