D.C. Area Babies
Options

Check in!

It's been sooo slow here and today is my first day back at work full time, so let's check in!

C hasn't made any improvement in the walking area since my last post. Oh well. He did learn something like 5 new words over the weekend though, so we've got that going on! He's also learned the sign for "more" and basically uses it to mean he wants something, anything.  Still no Mama, though. WTF? His big new thing is putting little things inside of big things (blocks in a box, wooden spoons in a pitcher) and that has been keeping him busy Big Smile

And he's going to be a monkey for halloween. Not terribly original, but appropriate since he is in to everything, all the time!

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Check in!

• Options

J won't say "mama" either! What's up with that? He's all dada, all the time.

Let's see - he started walking about two weeks ago, and never looked back. One day he took a few steps and the next he was walking like a champ - he's so over crawling. Once he figured out the walking, he started to get a lot more words, too. He can now say (something like) "this?" (as in "what's this?"), duck, pumpkin, apple, down, all done, book, dada, bye, and of course, no ("nahnahnah!"). 

He's really started to get into books. We read to him every night, but lately he's been pulling out books for us to read when we're in his room when we're playing. Sometimes he'll read them to himself - it's so cute. 

He's totally transitioned into the toddler room at daycare. As everyone said, he was totally fine switching over to the cots. He takes one long nap there (~2 hours) but he's still usually taking two naps on the weekends. We've been going out a lot with the nice fall weather, and he's really loving the swings and slides at the park near our house.

Oh, and he's going to be a puppy for Halloween. I'm guessing he'll wear the costume for about two minutes.

ETA: Good luck with your first full week back!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

Molly - She is walking really well already, even running.  I was really surprised that she walked before 18 mo when she wasn't even sitting up at 10 mo and barely crawling at 1yr, but Yay for my low tone baby.  I really feel like the physical therapy paid off.  She is so much happier and content now that she is walking and moving  around well.  Not too much talking yet but she is mimicking our speech much more and she does say things that we can understand but is probably not understandable to others.  This is also probably a result of her low muscle tone, but she is making progress every week which is what we were told to look for.  She weighed in at 26.5lbs at her latest appt which puts her less than a 1lb behind her 3yo sister - I love her chubby little body and with her walking around so much now she will probably start thinning out a bit :-(

Maggie - She has been a little extra difficult lately - 3 really is worse than 2 for us.  She goes through phases where she is a great listener, everything goes well etc and then bam she is testing limits like you wouldn't believe.  So we (I mean me because DH is better at consistency in this) tightened up again on the discipline.  I was letting her barter for too many things after I had already said no just to avoid a meltdown.  So back to 1-2-3 timeout and she has been so much better and she often doesn't even have the meltdown I was anticipating.  Like at Target the other day we said she could have a lollipop for being so good and listening at the Festival.  Then she wanted some other package of chocolates in the candy aisle (all stuff she doesn't eat anyway) so I started trying to reason with a 3yo for all of a minute before I just told her to put it back and started counting - I didn't even get to 2 and she put it down and walked out of the aisle with us and she got a big hug and a kiss for being a good listener.  I feel my parents pain when they used to complain "Why won't you just listen the first time?"

We had fun at the Fall Festival at the Rio in Gaithersburg this past weekend.  We got there in time for one of the musical acts and Maggie loved it, Molly too.  Maggie is a 'cowboy like Woody' - I pieced together her outfit since I didn't want to pay over $50 for the Woody costume at Disney store (she didn't want t be Jessie).  So I have a cow print vest, a sheriff badge, a cowboy hat (Crazy8), cowboy boots, a red bandanna, some sisal rope and a stick horse for her to ride - then she just wears her own jeans and a white t-shirt.  Molly is a pumpkin - it has the poof at the bottom and is so cute on her little body.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

C- We just had C's 4th birthday party on Sat. She'll turn 4 this week. She's going to be a butterfly for halloween - it was pieced together too with pink pants, pink shirt, pink tutu, pink butterfly wings and antennae from her bee costume from last year.

J - She's talking up a storm these days and actually knows most of her colors and is starting to count (just rote counting, not actual counting of objects). She also loves to try to sing songs with her sister and it's cute to see her try to get some of the words out. She's going to wear the ladybug costume that C wore 2 yrs ago.

#3 - Blodwork was all good and I have my first ultrasound on Thurs to date the pg - can't wait!! I'm pretty feeling sick all the time, but haven't actually puked yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DS:  DS had his 2 year drs. appt. today (he turns 2 in two weeks).  He is in the 80th percentile for weight, 40th for height, and his head is still off the charts.  Poor guy.

He is talking nonstop (pointing out everything he sees) and is still pretty good in the big brother category--about the only time he goes near his sister is to try and "help" put her pacifier back in her mouth.  He starts preschool a week from today and I know I'm going to be a mess.

DD:  She had her 4 month drs. appt. last week and is in the 50th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height, so she and her brother are complete opposites.  She is such a smiley little thing...she's been trying really hard to roll over for the past couple of weeks but can't get the arm out of the way. 

DH has been on paternity leave for the past 6 weeks, but he goes back to work next week, and I am dreading the chaos of getting everyone out the door in the morning!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We are doing much better since the last check-in.  Ben's colic is getting better and DH has managed to be home more - which really helps.

Ben is starting to smile now - which is so fun.  He really loves his bouncy chair and gets so excited when we put him in it.  He is just so cute right now!

We are working on getting him to take regular naps now - he sleeps well at night and after asking a bunch of people they said that is when they started trying to get naps to happen.  So far I am loving the free time naps bring:)

• Options

This week is 25 weeks and baby is moving all the time now.

We are now really focusing in on the home improvement stuff we need to do before February. We are putting the nursery in the room that is now the office, so we are switching the office to what is currently an unfinished room in our basement.

We are only DIYing the basement floor and painting, thank goodness. But what is happening over the next 15 weeks is: framing, drywalling and adding new outlets for code to the basement office, installing laminate floor in basement, installing two new ceiling fans, moving an outlet, adding a baement door, moving a ball valve to the outside faucet, adding insulation to the attic and exterior walls, painting nursery and our bedroom. Of course, this doesn't count any additional repairs that pop up--we have a drain blockage in our upstairs bathroom and some fence slats came down this weekend. 

Then once all the structural stuff is done, we need to move the office downstairs and put in all the nursery stuff, as well as figure out how we are arranging our computers and the router.

This doesn't include the new roof, although we may now put that off for a little while.

• Options

DS is going to be 13 months this week and I was just getting adjusted to him being one year old! How time flies!

DS started walking the week of his birthday. He pulls himself up on something and goes, but when he stumbles, he switches to crawling, so he can't go from sit to stand just yet. A lot of babbling - he says "mama" and "dada" and "yeah" but that's about it. I'm waiting for some real words! He is also all dada all the time.

He's into wielding stuff - wooden spoon, spatula, anything he can hold and manipulate. Pretty cute, though there's a lot of whacking going on.

We're having some sort of sleep transition too. He's taking two naps at daycare but refusing two naps at home - we're lucky if we can get one good nap in.  And half the time he wakes up at 5:30 and the other half he sleeps until 7:30. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

He's going to be a skeleton for Halloween. I'm fairly sure the costume was meant to be pajamas but DS won't tolerate anything that goes over his head so oh well!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

DD - I swear she just gets cuter and cuter!  She is asserting her independence more and more every day (including tantrums and meltdowns) and I LOVE her evolving personality.  She's mimicking just about everything we say and using the words she knows to string together short phrases and half sentences that make sense and half baby talk.  Her favorite words are "NO!" and "Mine!" :-/ 

#2 - He's kicking me like crazy and already seems to have a "schedule" of waking/kicking and quiet.  I have been nesting like crazy trying to finish up half finished projects around the house.  I don't remember being so anxious about getting things ready last time.  This pregnancy is going by way too fast.  I'm terrified of having a newborn again in a few short months.  

imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

• Options

DS:  Conrad is slowly coming around to the idea that while he might not want a sibling, she will be joining us, so he should just accept it.  He talks about Maggie every once in a while, so we're taking that as a good sign. 

DD:  Had better decide to come out sometime soon!  Due date is tomorrow, induction is scheduled for Nov. 3rd.  I really, really want an October baby, so hopefully she keeps that in mind. ;)

• Options

good luck, Agrippa! I'll be stalking your FB page for updates:)

DD turned 2 last week, she still talks about "happy b-day, DD" and loves to sing "happy b-day" to herself. We had her party at the playground and except for the strong wind, it was great! Of course the day after it was just beautiful, warm, sunny, no wind! I would def. do it there again, the older kids loved it! She's not a baby anymore, but a little girl. She says several new words, sentences, phrases every day and has the vocab of a 3-3.5 yr old! We are constantly spelling stuff around her (like "there some b-day c-a-k-e leftover in the fridge").

DS' 4 mo check up went well; despite being sick, he's doing well developmentally, he was 50% for height and 50-75% for weight, he has short legs :(

He crawled just days after he turned 4mo and can now roll both tummy to back and back to tummy; he loves to sit and pushes up to standing. He recently discovered screeching and squealing and is very loud and vocal.

Nursing a teether with a shield is a challenge but I'm trying to stick with it.

DD will be a ladybug for Halloween and DS will wear a Halloween-y onesie.

• Options

DS is going to be 1 tomorrow! I don't know where the year went. I have been weepy all weekend. His party was fabulous and DH made a little movie that got me all teary.

He has a molar coming in...ugh. Definitely disrupting his sleep some. We had made great progress in waking up later (as in wow, 6am!) but today we were back to 4:45. I think it is definitely because he went to bed later last night, his schedule was a bit off because of the whole party thing, which we never do, so we definitely paid for it this morning. But, he always wakes up happy and ready to go!

He is walking here and there, definitely not all over the place, but he's trying! He has started babbling a TON more, and I finally got mamamamamama, which was quite exciting after hearing dadadadada forever. I still worry about him in the language department but he is definitely getting more verbal.

We go for his one year check up Thursday...DH and I have always said we'll TTC when he's 1.5 or so - and now that's only 6 months away, AHHH!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I love reading these updates. DD doesn't say mama much either but she says dada all.the.time. Overall she's doing great. She's still not quite walking but we are working on that and she is progressing so I'm trying not to stress about it too much. She's talking up a storm and knows about 25 words. My favorite is when she says "I know". It's just so cute. Her personality is really shining through and she's just a true joy to be around. Her smile melts my heart each morning when I go to get her out of her crib because she has a huge smile on her face and seems so happy.

DD has now been able to communicate how much she loves daycare. In the morning, she starts telling us "bye bye" which means "time to go to daycare". A few Saturday's ago, she started saying "bye bye" and went to the door. I tried to explain that there is no daycare and she was very upset. She really wanted to go bye bye. So, I had to take her on a walk instead. I get the feeling that she really enjoys daycare which I'm very happy about.

Her eating is okay. Sometimes she'll try new things and eat well and at other times, she will refuse all foods except crackers. So, I'm doing my best to feed her a balanced diet while also realizing it's not going to eat well 100% of the time. She's a carboholic (got it from me), so I'm doing my best with it.

I guess that's about it. She's going to be a Virginia Tech cheerleader for Halloween.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageAgrippaRidesAgain:

DD:  Had better decide to come out sometime soon!  Due date is tomorrow, induction is scheduled for Nov. 3rd.  I really, really want an October baby, so hopefully she keeps that in mind. ;)

Oh my goodness! I didn't realize you are so close. Sending labor dust you way.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ben is doing very well at his SN preK - he is definitely a chatterbox and while I love it and encourage it I just need some downtime (and preferably a little quiet, lol). He's had a couple rough days where he will act out against the teacher and aide but they have been very patient working with him.

I, on the other hand, really need to focus on juggling his needs and of course the future spawn inside. ;) There are some really rough days when his PDD-NOS rears its ugly head and I just don't have the energy/patience to handle it right. So far that 2nd trimester energy has not kicked in, in fact, I am still nauseous (throwing up lunch today was not pleasant).

imageimage
  • Options

Baby is doing well.  This one doesn't kick very much and is a sleeper I guess.  I hope that continues after birth.  :)  Heartbeat and everything else is strong so I am not worried. 

DD on the other hand has so much toddler energy, it's getting hard to keep up.  This weekend she decided her sleeping blanket was her blankie and wanted it to come to breakfast with her.  While she hasn't asked for it to leave the house, it gets played with regularly all morning - wrapping up "bunny" "kitty" and "teddy" her constant companions and sitting with her friends at the table.  (Yes they eat with us too).  

While we don't watch Sesame Street at home (it comes on really early) she must see it at daycare because she is developing a love for Elmo.  I was hoping to escape the cult.  Perhaps I will avoid the worst of it.  Although it makes me excited for a possible trip to Sesame Place next summer and a character breakfast....   

• Options

I really enjoy reading the updates as well!  Time continues to march on with our family. Xander is so much fun these days and talking so much. I have heard him put two words together a few times.  Last night he stood up on his rocking chair and said "sit down", since he always hears me telling him that.  :)  Too funny!  He really picks up on most everything you are saying and I just love that.  He is a super happy and loveable little boy.  I can't even believe he will be 2 before I know it.  Right now he is big into super heros (thanks to dad) so will be a superhero for halloween.  I essentially peiced together his costume and ordered a cape online with an X on the back.  Hope it comes in time if not we got him a back up costume at Buy, Buy Baby Saturday- Captain America.  He enjoyed running around the house in it last night.  We have started searching for a new daycare for him when we move and are probably going to go with the Goddard School (in Waldorf).  I'm excited about the structure of the classrooms and the fact that the head teachers all have degrees. Overall we got a great feeling when we toured the center.

Baby #2 is growing and happy.  I can't believe I'm out of the first trimester.  It seems to be going much faster this time around!  I'm considered to be high risk and am seeing a cardiologist tomorrow for an updated ECHO to make sure my heart is doing okay.  I'm trying not to be too anxious about it all.  I'm looking forward to feeling baby kicks in the coming weeks and of course the 20 week ultrasound.  Really hoping for a girl!

On another note our house is coming along very quickly.  The brick front is on it already (hooray) and they will start the dry wall next week.  We will be closing December 16th which is honestly right around the corner. We have sooo much to do before that.  We are still up in the air if we want to push out our move until after Christmas or move and have Christmas in our new house. My husband is a huge fan of Christmas so waiting until mid December to put up the tree will probably not fly with him and I refuse to put it up twice.  It's typically up in our house the day after Thanksgiving.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Okay... G is Mr. Independent these days.  We had his costume parade at preschool yesterday and afterwards he asked if we could not come to his classroom again.  I am actually not insulted because I think it is because it is his place where he gets to go without his parents and brother.  He just got his first scholastic book order which I am totally in love with now.  I have no problem with paperback books if that are that much cheaper!

C turned 2 on Monday and has a mind of his own.  I am still back and forth on what to do about the potty training because he is still tearing all of his diapers but I think wetting them too much to switch to pull ups.  Pretty much at home I just let him rip the diaper because he is doing so well on the potty.  We had a big family dinner on Monday night with a Mickey Mouse theme and both boys were angels.  C is also getting into everything way more than he was before.  He has learned to push chairs and stools and toys over to the countertops to stand on to reach things so our countertops are pretty much empty now.  I guess in a way our house will be cleaner!

#3 is moving a lot now.  Thankfully s/he isn't in my ribs yet but I'm feeling waves of motion instead of just kicking.  I personally think I strained something this weekend.  I shouldn't have done this but I carried a laundry basket up the stairs on Sunday with C in it too and ever since am having a lot of pain below my belly when I am walking and standing.  When I am sitting I am totally fine.  I am actually waiting for my doctor to call me because it's gotten to the point where I am having trouble functioning day to day especially with 2 toddlers.  Before that happened I had been feeling great.  Not too tired at all and very active so this is really putting a kink in my week.

DH's birthday is Friday and I would really like to make a nice dinner but if this pain doesn't resolve itself it's not happening.

The boys are doing great sharing a bedroom, especially now that they are both officially in beds and C is not just doing the mattress on the floor.

• Options

I'm 32 weeks now, just 8 short weeks to go unless they make me go early due to the GD. Holy cow! Guess we'd better pick a name, a pediatrician, set up the nursery.... Indifferent

I've been doing pretty well. She is head down now, so there is a lot of pressure when I'm standing or walking around, and the lovely feet/ankle swelling is pretty much constant now. SEXY. The GD is a pain in my arse, but I just keep saying "It's not permanent."

I'm getting sad thinking about her being on the outside because I love feeling her move around and watching my belly move. It's mostly rolls and such now, less kicks. But it will be so thrilling to finally meet her! We have a growth u/s on Monday and I'm excited to see her again.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"