Natural Birth
Options

Starting to doubt myself for 2nd delivery

I don't post here much at all, but I could use some words of encouragement.  I was able to have a great med-free delivery of DS two years ago and was 100% prepared to do it again with baby #2.  However, the past 9 months or so, I've had a recurring case of BV that just never seems to go away fully.  I'm not even worried too much about getting through the labor without meds, but I'm so scared of the pushing because of how much this stupid BV burns at times.  I've shared my worries with my new doctor, so I'm really hoping we can get it cleared up, but I'm still so scared of how much it will burn during pushing and after baby is born.  Any advice?  TIA
imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Starting to doubt myself for 2nd delivery

• Options

I don't have any advice about the BV, but maybe consider doing some positive affirmations and trying to get in the right frame of mind. Remember, fear = pain. You have to process WHY you are scared. Is there some underlying thing bothering you?

The other thing is that when it comes to that time, you will probably be so in the moment and in yourself that you won't be thinking about it. You also have to remember to tell yourself, that at that point, you just have to push THROUGH the burning. You can't fight it, and there is only one way out (at that point).

I'm sorry you are feeling so scared. I wish I had a better way to help you.

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Options
    I don't know about BV, but I did develop some awful hemorhhoids during my second pregnancy and was SO worried about pushing and the aftermath.  I asked about it on here, and everyone said I wouldn't even notice.  And they were right.  I really did not notice at all during pushing, and while there were still there after, they weren't any worse.  I think you'll find the same thing about your issue.  Also, pushing was MUCH shorter the second time, 10 minutes compared to 1.5 hours.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJoelsGirl07:

I don't have any advice about the BV, but maybe consider doing some positive affirmations and trying to get in the right frame of mind. Remember, fear = pain. You have to process WHY you are scared. Is there some underlying thing bothering you?

The other thing is that when it comes to that time, you will probably be so in the moment and in yourself that you won't be thinking about it. You also have to remember to tell yourself, that at that point, you just have to push THROUGH the burning. You can't fight it, and there is only one way out (at that point).

I'm sorry you are feeling so scared. I wish I had a better way to help you.

This!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"