Houston Babies
Options

renting breast pump from hospital?

Have you done this?  How much did it cost?

I was thinking about doing this but I found a great deal($80 + free shipping) on the one PAGAS and a few other gals gave a rec for.

Re: renting breast pump from hospital?

• Options
    We rented for 1 month and it was around $60ish I think.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

we rented one from the milk bank at texas children's. i want to say it was about $60 a month. it was the "yellow" medela - cannot remember the name.

renting turned out to be the best option for me. between my low supply and dd not latching it would have been a waste to buy one. the one that my mom bought me was never opened and was returned almost immediately after it was bought. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAggieKristin:

It was 60 at my hospital for the hospital grade super duper pump.  I did it for one month to make sure I was successfully before dropping more money on my own.  But, if you can get one for 80ish, you aren't getting as much of a savings as if you were gonna get a more expensive one. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If you can buy one for $80, I'd do that rather than spending $60 for one month's rental.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesad5781:

imageAggieKristin:

It was 60 at my hospital for the hospital grade super duper pump.  I did it for one month to make sure I was successfully before dropping more money on my own.  But, if you can get one for 80ish, you aren't getting as much of a savings as if you were gonna get a more expensive one. 

It's normaly $150 but it's on sale and then another discount off of that =)

• Options

I found that got a lot more out of my pumping sessions by using a hospital grade pump.   I rented the 1st month from the hospital approx $60, it was the Medela Symphony.  I returned it after a month because the Medela Select worked better for me when I was in the hospital.    So I went to a lactation consultant who rents pumps, to rent one of those, it was $45 a month.

I rented for 6 months then decided to purchase one of the Medela that everyone talks about, I found a HUGE difference but I had to stick with it, luckily I had plenty in the freezer that it was ok.

This time around, I am hoping to find a Lactina Select to purchase, but I'm also hoping to not exclusively pump and to focus more on bfing.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options

Where did you find it for that price?

I personally will buy it at that price! It's not that much and if it turns out I can't BF or something....maybe I can just return it to Target? Stick out tongue

• Options
    imagepook:

Where did you find it for that price?

I personally will buy it at that price! It's not that much and if it turns out I can't BF or something....maybe I can just return it to Target? Stick out tongue

LOL!

I ended up buying it.  If it was only $20 more for me to buy right now than rent I was fine taking that risk.  I got it here.  If you are a new customer you can take an extra 20%.

https://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=215010&catid=99480

WELCOME20 was the code.

All the nursing pads etc were cheaper than they were at target PLUS the extra discount so I got a lot of those as well.

• Options
    Thanks for posting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"