Postpartum Depression

Really excited about my new psychiatrist!- Updated

I just graduated from my intensive outpatient program so I'll be seeing a new psychiatrist next month.  She was recommended to me by the therapist in the program.  All I really knew about her is that she used to work at the hospital where I delivered DS, but they apparently no longer have a separate program there.

I googled her and her she has recent research on the brain differences between women with ppd and non-depressed women who've recently had babies.  It also came up that her research is part of the reason that there's now a PPH warning on SSRI use during pregnancy.

I'm so happy that I'll be seeing someone who seems to be well-versed in PPD AND depression and medication during pregnancy.

imageimage

Re: Really excited about my new psychiatrist!- Updated

• Wow! I would love for you to keep us updated. Or maybe you could pm me. I would love to hear her wisdom on things!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJaxon's Mommy:

Wow! I would love for you to keep us updated. Or maybe you could pm me. I would love to hear her wisdom on things!

That's wonderful. Definitely update!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Will do ladies!
    imageimage

• I just wanted to update since I had my appointment today.

I really like her!

I'll be staying on my zoloft throughout the pregnancy and the immediate postpartum period.  We didn't discuss how long after that though.  She was very reassuring that even though she had pushed for PPH warnings for SSRI use during pregnancy, that recent studies have NOT replicated an increased risk for PPH in babies born to women taking SSRIs during pregnancy.

She also upped my zoloft (I'm at 200mg now) and we're hoping that will help with my insomnia which she thinks is due to anxiety.  Until the increased dosage kicks in she advised me to take a benadryl if I'm having trouble sleeping.  She also gave me a script for ativan if the benadryl doesn't help.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"