School-Aged Children
Options

lying with 7-8 year old

If there is anyone that has or knows someone that has a child around 7-8 that is lying a lot, please help me. I have a step son who we see tuesday and thursday 4-8 and every other weekend. so things are hard when it comes to discipline. he has been lying  a lot the past few years. he will tell me or my husband some story and then we found out he made it up and blamed his mother when it was really him. or if he is with us for the weekend he will say something and it won't be true. how can you stop this behavior. it is happening way to often. I am beginning to wondered if other things he does or the truth.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: lying with 7-8 year old

• Options

I posted the same question about my 7 y/o this week. Scroll down a little bit.

I hope you and his mom are on good terms because you guys are going to have to keep a step ahead of him and to do that you guys are going to have to know the real story. We have been having a lot of conversations about being honest and true to your word and how others perceive lying. We have been making more severe consequences for him for lying and giving a lighter consequence for the the truth. (He lies to either get out of trouble or to get something he wants like new Pokeman cards from Grammy when mom said no.) I don't know if it stops or an age thing but it is certainly frustrating. Logan has been getting a bit better but we have been asking him to think long and hard before he tells us something and to make a choice to tell us the truth.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a 7 year old daughter and she also lies a lot. She gets sent to the corner for lying but it doesn't seem to effect her. Me and DH have tried to talk to her about it and explain why lying is bad but it goes in one ear and out the other. Hopefully it's the age that she is at. : (
    DD #1 07/02/2003 DD #2 11/27/2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"