Military Families
Options

gifts for deployed husband... help!

I need ideas on what to send DH for xmas and his birthday. He is in afghanistan.

so far i am thinking...

xmas: 5x7's of each of the kids, in frames they painted, super nice blanket

bday: (in early jan)- some kind of footprint thing of LO from a ceramic cafe, handmade cards from the kids, cake in a jar

I am just at a loss for actual gifts... ideas??

TIA!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: gifts for deployed husband... help!

• Options

Sounds like you have gifts from the kids covered but what about things that will remind him of you as well?

One of DHs favorite gifts was a bottle of my perfum, actually I sent him an almost empty bottle but he seriously LOVED it.

Other favs have been a brand new fluffy towel, soft pillow case. A book I called the 12 days of Christmas and then I put times and letter to him between two of the pages and sealed them shut with stickers so each day leading to Christmas he would open one and get naughty and nice things from me (although I think he opened them all at once lol)

• Options

If you can find an OpLove photographer you'll be able to do a family photo shoot and get a 15-24 print album sent to your H for free. The photogs are pro's and volunteert their time and donate the album.

www.oplove.org

I agree with the PP that you need to send him something from YOU as well. Maybe a new pair of warm gloves or winter socks. Something to keep him warm that is just from you. You could also do a new-sew throw for him. I sent B one and he loved it. He also used it on the plane on the way home.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had JUST started dating my now Dh when he deployed and was gone for Christmas. Not knowing he super well yet I was at a total loss...Then his Bday as well in Jan

I ended up doing a lot of travel games, cards games, checkers/chess etc... 
    Fleece blanket, jerky, I knew he was big into video games so I got him gift cards (I didnt know what he had and didnt have at that time) to buy things online game wise and check to make sure they send to him blah blah. A Christmas stuffed animal I sprayed with my perfume, and then an Eagle Puffkin sprayed  again for his birthday.

• Options
    This may not be actual gifts, but when DH was deployed he said I made ALL the other guys jealous cause I would send him boxes to snacks and goodies! (Capri Suns, chips & salsa, oreos, cheezits, jerky, bottles of his favorite hot sauce) He said it was the most popular delivery in his area and he had the guys doing his work for a Capri Sun and some crackers! Lol!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"