Hawaii Babies
Options

Pregnancy vent

I LOVE being pregnant... that said, this pregnancy is SO different from my pregnancy with Bella. This time it's like my body's going completely crazy. Aside from the weird facial rash that is pregnancy induced, I have CRAZY emotions. I'm not taking a few ups and downs, I'm taking a rollercoaster. It's nothing like with Bella, I was happy and cheerful and perky and glowing... This time I'm rashy and tearful and an emotional basket case... I don't understand it and it's making me crazy (not really like crazy but it's bothering me). I want to be my happy go lucky self again but these hormones have taken charge and I have no idea what to do about it. 

Any suggestions? I know DH and I need a date night, we have only had a couple since Bella was born and another one should happen soon. We need to really focus on us, especially now that we'll have 2 in the picture. I called our babysitter to see if she could watch Bella tonight after we put her to bed so we could go out for a bit.. Other than that I'm not sure what to do to improve this craziness of emotions. I cry over the drop of a pin! Was anyone else like this? 

Re: Pregnancy vent

• Options

Oh Sarah, I am sorry you're feeling out of sorts.  I was rashy (in my first tri...from poison ivy) and tearful too.  I cried pretty much everyday of my pregnancy with Libby.  Mostly tears of joy...but many times I just needed to release what had built up over the day...I remember being tearful in much of the same way towards the end of my wedding planning days.  Weird.  I imagine you're exhausted! 

Working 12 hour shifts and actively mothering Bella and all that life as a wife and mother and working woman entails on top of being pregnant...sheesh!  I hope you can be gentle with yourself and find some acceptance for how things are now...it's frustrating when you're wishing they were different.  And I hope you'll take some time just for you...as well as just for you and Ryan.  At the end of the day, I don't think there's much you can do to deal with hormonally induced emotions...other than accept and manage them as well as you can!  Hang in their mama!

• Options
    Thanks Lori... you made me feel semi-normal again :) I do remember being tearful during wedding planning too... just not to this extreme!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry!  Maybe you need to take a few moments to yourself daily.  Like go for a walk, etc. or take a nice bath.

It won't be like this too much longer, that little baby will be here before you know it! 

Hugs to you!

• Options
    Yeah, every pregnancy is different and I'm sorry this one has been so rough on you =( I hope your date night went well and if you guys really enjoyed it, then I'd suggest having more of them! Do anything/whatever makes you feel better. Don't worry about feeling down because it will be a cycle of stressing out about stressing...but just take things one at a time and make time for yourself to relax. I think that especially with a LO already and handling another pregnancy, things get so busy that it's hard to relax sometime, so maybe treat yourself to a mommy massage, get a pedi/mani, or just take some time to go for a walk, do nothing but relax for a day. I hope you feel better soon!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options

awww sarah.. *hugz*

i can totally understand 'cause this pregnancy has been kicking my butt. so much so that i didn't know whether i would want to go through this again.

my hormones are all over the place. one minute i'm yelling, the next minute i'm crying. i feel like a monster.

it's a whole lot of self control, but sometimes, it just helps to get it all out.

i've gotten 2 prenatal massages so far and i love them. i've also just given up on a lot of things, like cleaning, etc. although i'm sure it's different since you have bella too...

just keep venting here!!!! =)

D started out as a LUCKY CHARM but ended up being our LOVEBUG image
    hawaii 10.2008 plan ;P married bio ???
  • Options
    i am sorry you are having such a hard time...i agree w/the other ladies... don't feel bad about it, just understand that every PG is different...try to take some time for yourself and for your marriage and enjoy some (relative) peace and quiet before baby #2 comes! definitely sounds like a prenatal massage is in order :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"