Hawaii Babies

please - desperately need thoughts and prayers

My brother has bipolar disorder (manic depressive, and hears voices etc) and has been struggling for a while going on and off his meds. My mom called me this evening - he tried to commit suicide. He lit himself on fire. They live in different states - she's on her way to the hospital now. I don't know how severely he's hurt, although she was able to speak to him on the phone earlier.

We've always been very close and I knew he wasn't doing well because he always stops communicating when he's having a hard time, and I hadn't heard from him in a long time...I think since before Will and Dash were born. He's been on my mind all week and I kept planning to call him but kept putting it off. I want so much to be with him right now but I can't.

Please please send him all of the thoughts and prayers and anything else you can think of. Please.

Re: please - desperately need thoughts and prayers

• :(  Thoughts and prayers for your brother and your family!  I hope he gets the help and treatment he needs.  
    **a girl from Hawaii, living and driving in South India**

• Lisa, I'm SO sorry. I'm thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. I have a step brother that is bipolar and he's been in and out of the hospital. I think it's very difficult for the medical team to find a solution that works for each individual case. I'm hoping since your brother is in the hospital now and what he did was so drastic, that they'll work extra hard to find the right solution for him. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my Lisa I am so very sorry you received such horrible news. I will keep him and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. You're heart must be aching right now.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image Heather and Mark | Lanikuhonua 8-14-08
  • I am so sorry to hear that.  Hopefully now that he is in the hospital he can get some real help that he needs.  T&Ps to your brother, you & your family. 
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh, Lisa, that's SO hard.  I'm sorry your family is going through this, and it's tough being so far away.  Lots of T&Ps for you and your family.  Hopefully he will get some more help.  Hang in there.
  • oh my, that is awful. i'm so sorry. i'll definitely keep him in my T&P
  • Oh Lisa, I'm SO sorry :(  No family should ever have to go through this.  Sending T&P your way.  ((hugs))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • Your whole family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for a complete recovery for you brother--body and mind.
  • Thank you all so much...my mom just called again - she's at the hospital now. He has burns to 45% of his body (mostly lower body and torso). They've put him in a medically induced coma (I don't know for how long) and he'll be in the hospital for a couple of months and will need at least 5 surgeries (and will be in recovery for probably the rest of his life).

I feel so ovewhelmed right now. My heart is hurting so much.

• Honey I am so sorry. I will be praying for your entire family and sending tons and tons of healing vibes to your brother and you. Give the boys some extra snuggles. I know your heart could use the extra love right now. Sending you huge hugs from across the ocean!
  • (((HUGS)))  I'm so sorry, Lisa.  I hope your brother recovers well and gets the help he needs. 
  • Oh no, I'm so sorry =( Will be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers, especially for his recovery. And lots of hugs to you and your family...
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Oh Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about your brother.  I am thinking of you and sending you huge, comforting hugs (((Lisa)))  
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

• I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. T&p for you and your family!!!
  • I'm sorry to hear his burns were so extensive. It's terrible to know that someone you love is suffering. Sending you hugs.
  • Oh wow Lisa, I am so sorry!  I am sending healing vibes to your brother and your family.  I hope he's going to be okay and get the help he needs.  (((HUGS)))
  • omg, lisa, i am so sorry... sending you hugs and prayers that your brother will heal and be ok. our thoughts are with you and your family.
    Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so sorry Lisa.  I'm keeping you, your brother, and your family in my thoughts and wishing him the best possible road to recovery.  Lots of hugs and healing vibes.
  • Oh no, I really hope that things are okay with your brother. My thought and prayers are with you and your family. I can't imagine how hard it must be not being close to him.  ((HUGS))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"