Houston Babies
Options

Question about "sitting" milestone

E has been able to sit unassisted for a few months; however, he can't get himself to a seated position. If he falls over he either lays there or eventually flips to his stomach and then cries because he wants to be sitting.

Anyway, DH and I were trying to decide if the milestone in the books is talking about sitting unassisted or getting to a seated position on their own.

I don't think E will do this for awhile. He doesn't want to crawl either. He does want to stand and pull up on things while we have him on our laps. Silly guy is so eager to walk.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

Re: Question about "sitting" milestone

• Options
    I am pretty sure it is just sitting.  I don't remember either boy being to get themselves into the position until much later.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto Charlotte.
    ~*~Jenn~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in the same camp - think it means you sit them up, and they will pretty much stay there for awhile without immediately flopping.  William just started sitting up on his own when he started crawling a week ago, so it is a flip from stomach to sitting position and not from back to sitting up if that makes sense.
  • Options
    imagejlmarshall:
    I'm in the same camp - think it means you sit them up, and they will pretty much stay there for awhile without immediately flopping.  William just started sitting up on his own when he started crawling a week ago, so it is a flip from stomach to sitting position and not from back to sitting up if that makes sense.
    Oh, that does make sense and explains a lot. E keeps trying to pull up from lying on his back. He must have some great ab muscles! Maybe I should try that to get mine back to where they were before I had him. ;-)

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"