School-Aged Children

Cheap mini vacations

Money is really tight this year but I wanted to take the kids on at least a mini vacation. Obviously no plane rides... What do you do for short mini vacations that dont cost much?

What activities or tips can you give?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cheap mini vacations

• I always love a weekend camping trip for a cheaper mini vacation.
  • I second camping. Since you are in SoCal a couple day stay at the beach in an inexpensive hotel.
  • Loading the player...
  • Where are you in So Cal?  Julian is really pretty this time of year and is always fun for the kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Camping, but only if you already have the gear. Maybe rent a cabin at a State Park.
    Cheryl, Evan 4.25.05, Paige 7.2.07
  • Yes, camping!  We usually rent a cabin, which can be cheap depending on when you go (middle of the week, not peak camping season).  And, we either stay somewhere with lots of things to do (campsite with pool, lake, fishing, and other parks nearby) or stay somewhere near sights to see.  Soooo fun!  We do it every summer for our 2nd week of vacation and have some great memories!
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Camping or a weekend stay at the beach.  We usually have a great time even in the off season.  We look for the cheapest hotel we can grab that has an indoor pool.  

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"