Military Families
Options

I'm never going to be done in time! (vent)

We have been at this duty station for almost 2 and a half years now, and while I have unpacked, decorated and organized everything for the most part, it has never really been the way I truly wanted things. Things always seemed to get shifted around, messed up and unorganized. Now with LO coming I am trying to shift things from our guest/craft room over into the office, so that it can become LO's room. I feel like I will not finish in time, and even if I do get it all moved over and LO's room done, the office will then become a big mess and completely unorganized. What frustrates me even more is that I know about 6 months or so after LO comes it will be time to pack it all up and move again to our next station. UGH!!
Long time Waiting BFP 5/8/10 It's a Boy! 1/7/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Graphics

Re: I'm never going to be done in time! (vent)

• Options

I don't get to even try and set up a room for LO.  We are moving about a week after he is born.  

• Options

I like to think of our houses as constant works in progress.  Then there's no pressure to ever really be "done" with anything.  In fact I'm fighting the urge right now to completely reorganize everything, because I don't want DH to feel awkward walking into a very different house when he finally comes home. 

Also if it makes you feel better, you're never really done with a kid's room.  At least not for the first few years.  You get it all nice and perfect, and then they're born and you end up moving little things around to make the day to day routine easier.  Then they become mobile and you end up having to move or take out a lot of the cute things that could be potential dangers to a moving baby.  Then the next thing you know they're ready to move from cribs to big beds, and you want to redecorate the entire thing anyway.  ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"