Houston Babies

Daycare question-Sunblock

Do you have to provide a doctor's note for daycare to apply sunblock to LO? I bought him the Neutrogena baby brand last year, and now they are saying he needs a note.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daycare question-Sunblock

• I believe the regulations for "OTC" meds have changed this year and a note is required. 

Last year, I could okay them to give occasional tylenol for fever or pepto for an upset tummy...(to help until I could get there to pick her up) This year they had to have a doctor's note for both of them if we wanted to allow it, the school nurse said it had to do with guidelines being changed.  

~*~Jenn~*~
  • not for sunblock, but we have to provide it and sign a form. we have to do the same thing for diaper rash cream.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • No, we don't have to provide a doctor's note or sign anything giving permission for them to apply it.
    Wyatt James born September 14, 2008
  • No, we don't need a note from the doctor. I have not filled out a form for it either. We are required to supply it though. Same thing with diaper cream - I think that supplying it implies consent. Oh, and bug spray follows the same guidelines too.
    - Jena
  • We have to supply sunblock and bug spray and sign a form giving permission to apply it.
  • How do you stay abreast of all of the changes?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"