Multiples
Options

Video Monitor for 2 Rooms?

We have been researching products over the last couple of weeks.  Originally we envisioned getting an audio only monitor, but after further consideration we decided that we should probably get an audio/video monitor.  We plan on separating the twins into their own rooms when they begin STTN.  Does anyone have a video/audio monitor that allows for viewing in 2 separate rooms?  Does it work well? Would you recommend it?
U/S#1 showed 2 heartbeats! U/S#2 showed Baby A's heartbeat was 157 and Baby B 's heartbeat was 183! U/S#4 showed Baby A is a Boy (heartbeat 161) and Baby B is a Girl (heartbeat 159)!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Video Monitor for 2 Rooms?

• Options

We have the sumar video monitor with two cameras.

• Options
    We have the Summer Infant Best View monitor + an extra camera. We've liked it, especially the pan and zoom functions. (The only annoying thing is that it seems to interfere with our wireless internet set-up, but that is probably due to the fact that we're using ancient technology.)
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have this one

https://www.amazon.com/Lorex-LW2002W-Portable-Wireless-Surveillance/dp/B001C0J8FU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1287583949&sr=1-2

we bought an additional camera for the second baby. I love ours, its wireless, doesn't interfer with our wireless internet, and expands to 4 cameras. You can set the sensitivity level and it will turn on when they make a little noise or turn it up so its only when they cry that it activates.

One thing I had heard about the Sumer time one was that you can sometimes pick up your neighbors if they have one, that is why we went with this one. There are a ton of babies around us and I have never had a problem.

Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

We have the Summer infant video monitor....and purchased a second camera for it.  I like it. Got it at BRU

(btw, I also have an older summer monitor with a screen on it....from my son who is now age 12....and it still works great)  we registered for this newer model, since it had the option to add a second camera.

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I got this one and an extra camera (can do up to 4 cameras) after reading reviews that the Summer one only had two channels and they were able to see a neighbors crib.  That bothered me.

https://www.amazon.com/Lorex-LW2003-Video-Monitor-White/dp/B003Q6CU12/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287590111&sr=8-2 

• Options

We have the Summer Best View Digital Hand Held and love it!  You can purchase up to 3 additional cameras (for a total of 4) for one handset (you can only get the additional cameras through Summer only, though, I was told).  It also has pan/zoom which is a great feature that I use often.

The older Summer video monitors have issues with being able to view other babies in the neighborhood on alternative channels.  The newer, digital version doesn't have this issue.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageFinallyCs_girl:

We have the Summer Best View Digital Hand Held and love it!  You can purchase up to 3 additional cameras (for a total of 4) for one handset (you can only get the additional cameras through Summer only, though, I was told).  It also has pan/zoom which is a great feature that I use often.

The older Summer video monitors have issues with being able to view other babies in the neighborhood on alternative channels.  The newer, digital version doesn't have this issue.

We were able to get our extra camera off the shelf at Buy Buy Baby. (And use a coupon! Yay!)
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options

We have the Mobi digicams. They are about half the price as Summer and are awesome (IMO). We had to buy the extra camera online, but I know they work in separate rooms, etc. GL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EU4ZF6?ie=UTF8&tag=forkid-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001EU4ZF6

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Avoid the Mobi cams IMO. Ours was busted in the first 6 months- the one camera had a great picture but tons of interference from other technology, the other camera had no interference but a terrible fuzzy picture even during the day. I called the company & they sent me a new camera free of charge & it was fuzzy too- they said that they changed the technology to get rid of the interference but it affected the picture. Then the sound started shorting out unless we have it turned up really loud and we finally ended up getting a summer infant digital one from BRU for DS's room and then got a cheap audio monitor to use in DDs room with the Mobicam. Soooo we have lots of wires, monitors, cameras, etc and it is a huge PITA but I just didn't feel like dropping another $100 on another camera after all the previous purchases.

I will say the one good thing that has come out of it is that MH & switch off who 'has' which child each night & it is nice that we each have our own monitor to look at & listen to, otherwise one person has it and always has to look/check and the other person can't see it if they want to.

Go with a summer infant one, my .02. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"