Military Families
Options

Hi Everyone!

Hey!  I'm new here.. I'll post every once in a while over at the Nest.  Anyway, I'm 22 living in South Korea with my husband, who is AF.  I'm not really sure what else to say here, I'm bad at these things.

Anyway, I know false positives on home pregnancy tests do happen, but I was wondering if they're pretty common?  Usually my period comes the same time every month, almost on the dot.  I haven't had it yet and I haven't been having any cramps or anything (like I usually do before I get it), which I thought was weird.  So I figured why not take a pregnancy test.  So I took one (the digital first response ones) and it said yes.  Obviously it can't be any clearer than that.  We had a miscarriage back in February, so I guess I'm just.. I don't know what to think.  At first I was thinking maybe it's a false positive.  Or maybe I'm just scared to be pregnant again.  I think I'll try taking another test in a few days.

Has anyone here had any false positives with home pregnancy tests before?

Re: Hi Everyone!

• Options

Hello!  I just posted my introduction above yours ... so brand new too!  We're AF and living overseas as well (Turkey.)

I don't know what to tell you about false positives being common ... but my advice is to schedule a doctors appointment right away.  They can take blood and tell you for sure.  If you don't want to go to the doctors right now for some reason, wait a few days and take another test.

I took one and the line was faint.  The next day I tested again and the line was much darker.   Good sign that my hcg levels were getting higher, so I scheduled a doctors visit.

Good luck! 

• Options

Thanks!  I'll probably take another one in a few days just to be sure, because I took it when my period was only a day late.  I think I'm just nervous.. I just looked at it and was like, "I'm pregnant again.. really?"  Like I couldn't believe it.

Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    YAY, Hales! I'm so happy for you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options

It is actually more likely to get a false neg than a false pos.  The digital tests are usually pretty accurate.  Take another first thing in the morning.  Usually, a pos is a pos.  Congrats.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageLemonLover33:
    YAY, Hales! I'm so happy for you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks so much!  I'm going to make a Dr appointment in the morning.. I'm trying not to get too excited until we hear the heartbeat.  It's hard not to show it... I am secretly freaking out on the inside.

• Options
    I'll offer you cautious congrats Hales.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"