Houston Babies
Options

Monograming Poll (clicky)

I am thinking about getting some shirts for Thanksgiving.
[Poll]
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Monograming Poll (clicky)

• Options
    SS: I like both first names and initials for boys and girls
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Options
    you can never have too much monogramming says the girl from mississippi
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with PAGAS.  I like first name and initials for both boys and girls.  I have only ever had one thing (clothes-wise) monogrammed for Wyatt though.

Wyatt James born September 14, 2008
  • Options

I like it, but only if they're smocked john johns with giant turkeys on them ;)

I guess I should add a chuckle or snort to the end so everyone knows that I'm kidding. 

• Options

I said I only like it on girl's clothing. I guess I've never really thought about it before. William has never had a piece of monogrammed clothing, and it hasn't crossed my mind that he should/would.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SS: it just depends on the clothes and the occasion. I tend to favor initials more for boys than names but I wouldn't say names are an absolute no-no iether.
  • Options
    I think either is fine for girls, and I think initials are fine for baby boys (up to toddler, I'd say), but after that...it borders on corny, IMO. FWIW, my sister did it (names) with her boys' (twins) until they were at least 5 or 6!
  • Options

imagekat.in.the.hat:

Ditto this, says the girl from Deep East Texas. 

• Options

imagecharlotteL:

That is adorable. Special occasions and seasonal give a little more leeway I think. 

• Options

imageCallMeKel:
    I think either is fine for girls, and I think initials are fine for baby boys (up to toddler, I'd say), but after that...it borders on corny, IMO. FWIW, my sister did it (names) with her boys' (twins) until they were at least 5 or 6!

This.  

• Options

imagerayskit10:
    SS: it just depends on the clothes and the occasion. I tend to favor initials more for boys than names but I wouldn't say names are an absolute no-no iether.

I agree. I prefer initials over first names for boys but love both initials and first names for girls.

• Options

imagecharlotteL:

Okay....that's cute :)

• Options
    where did you find that shirt charlotte?  its cute!
  • Options

I like monogramming for boys and girls.

Wouldn't do first and last - your options in your poll all seem appropriate.

I think Rayskit nailed it in terms of seasonal, special occasion clothing giving more leeway.

I also think if everything your kid wears has their name on it, you get corny.  A few things here and there, no biggie.

I think the shirt you posted is super adorable.

Where you go too far is when, like my father, you have t-shirts printed in bright turquoise using Roman font that you make everyone wear to Disney Land (including your sensitive 13-15 year old daughter) which read, "[last name]s of Silver City, NM" on the entire back of the shirt... And THEN you have their first names on the front of the shirt and you spell your daughter's name wrong (which would be bad all by itself but it's worse when she has gone by her middle name since she was 8).

That is when it has gone too far. =-)

"If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
    - Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011
  • Options
    I've had it drilled into my head for so long that putting a kid's name on their clothing is a safety concern. You know, strangers knowing thier name and all that, that I haven't even thought about monograming something. I wasn't allowed to have my name on my clothing until it was for drill team in high school.  :-)

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options

imageSigmundsGirl:
    I've had it drilled into my head for so long that putting a kid's name on their clothing is a safety concern. You know, strangers knowing thier name and all that, that I haven't even thought about monograming something. I wasn't allowed to have my name on my clothing until it was for drill team in high school.  :-)

I had this thought too, but I think about it for older kids.

At Maddie's age, I have to keep hollering after her all the time as it is that any stranger will know her name after being near us for 5 minutes.

"If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
    - Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011
  • Options
    imagemichellebelle:

imageSigmundsGirl:

I had this thought too, but I think about it for older kids.

At Maddie's age, I have to keep hollering after her all the time as it is that any stranger will know her name after being near us for 5 minutes.

Good point!

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options

imagekat.in.the.hat:

I have lots of etsy people who I use for similar and almost identical shirts if you need them...stick a name on anything and I'm happy. Addie has a shirt for disney that says Birthday Girl, one with an A in a minne and one with her name. Nevermind the elf in the pocket or christmas ones. I love embroidering!

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageaprilprincess:

imagekat.in.the.hat:

I have lots of etsy people who I use for similar and almost identical shirts if you need them...stick a name on anything and I'm happy. Addie has a shirt for disney that says Birthday Girl, one with an A in a minne and one with her name. Nevermind the elf in the pocket or christmas ones. I love embroidering!

who are some of your favorites?  I have someone I use for screenprinted stuff, but no one for embroidered

• Options

imagekat.in.the.hat:

hah, agree

i have two things with C's name on it and i feel like I'm a bad mom because i dont have more :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagekat.in.the.hat:
    imageaprilprincess:

imagekat.in.the.hat:

who are some of your favorites?  I have someone I use for screenprinted stuff, but no one for embroidered

I got this shirt and didn't like where she put the A (I did the A instead of her name-I didn't ask for it centered in the minnie and she did it on the edge). She happily agreed to take it back and redo it for me.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/58952073/minnie-shirt-with-ribbon-0-3month-6yr

this lady is my FAVORITE. I order a bib/burp set for all new babies, she's quick and really nice to work with. I'm getting ready to order some christmas stuff, check out the adorable designs she has in the christmas listings.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/59254454/personalized-ribbon-turkey-shirt

She also takes almost any request.

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"