Postpartum Depression
Options

Tell me how you feel on Celexa...

I am starting it in the morning.  20mg for 2 weeks then upto 40. How much do you take? How soon did you feel better? and what side effects did you have?

Thanks.  Of course, I am anxious about taking it..what a surprise. 

Re: Tell me how you feel on Celexa...

• Options

I need to check my script to be sure - I cannot remember if I take 20 or 40 mg.  I am very happy with it.  I don't feel any side effects.  It did take a little while for me to feel its effects, but over all it has helped with my anxiety.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have been on it for 3 weeks now, and it seems to be working well for me.  I have not had any side effects from it.  I think I started to feel a little bit better last week so it took about a week in a half to about 2 weeks.  I am gradually getting better day by day, but its nice.  Like any other medicine it will take atleast a week to really kick in.  HTH. and Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was on Celexa for three years before I found out I was pregnant.  I was on 60 mg which is the max.  My Dr has switched me to Zoloft since there is more info on that and being pregnant.  Celexa worked much better.  My anxiety went away.  I didn't cry all the time.  When I forget to take it my S/O and family could tell.  Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Before TTC, I took Celexa 20 mg for over 9 years and absolutely loved it. It saved my life. It seemed to start working within 2 weeks and by week 8, I was much better. Had no noticeable side effects. Went off when TTC and was completely fine until I got pregnant. Then I fell apart and was really sick with anxiety, panic and depression. After a disastrous attempt with Zoloft which ended in the ER, I am now started back on Celexa 10 mg for 1 week and will increase to 20 mg. I started feeling a bit better during week 1 of Celexa and hope to continue to increase. Since starting on the Celexa this time, I haven't had any side effects. Good luck. These meds affect everyone differently so if Celexa makes you feel bad, please ask your doctor for something else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"