School-Aged Children
Options

packing lunch - no peanuts

My DD is in PreK and typically doesn't need to bring lunch but we have 2 bring lunch days this week and then again in early Nov. We can not bring peanut.  Just looking for some ideas of what to pack.  I can put in an ice pack to keep things cold.  SHe has already asked for a turkey and cheese sandwich but just looking for other ideas of what people pack.  I was thinking a fruit and maybe a yogurt.  School will still provide breakfast and snacks that day.  (There are also kids in class that have other allegies - egg, wheat) but peanut is the only one we have been told to avoid.
Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 

Re: packing lunch - no peanuts

• Options
    You can try soynut or sunnut butter and jelly.  Yogurt and a mini bagel with some fruit would be good too. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    Jelly sandwiches, cheese and crackers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Cream Cheese and veggie bagels 

Pita and veggies with Hummus

• Options

Apple butter and cream cheese?

If you're only packing a few lunches each month, it might not make sense to buy sunflower nut butter, which is a good substitute for peanut butter.

when my son was in pre-k and there was a kid with peanut allergies, I did cheese sandwiches.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options

mini bagels and cream cheese. I pack my kids leftovers a lot too in a thermos. Pizza is their favorite leftover, though. Turkey pinwheels (cheese and turkey and whatever else they like rolled in a tortilla and cut into rounds) Homemade lunchables (crackers turkey/ham cheese) String cheese, applesauce cups, goldfish crackers, turkey peperoni, veggie booty, carrots, grapes, apples, pears, raisins. Other kids in Liam's class bring hummus and veggies or pita but my kids won't eat it. 

I've made my own "trail mix" with cheerios, raisins, m&m. I've thrown in a container of dry cereal. 

I get bored of the same old turkey sandwich.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My girls love ham & cheese/ turkey & cheese sandwiches on the Arnold sandwich rounds. (sometimes I make them as wraps also).

They also love salads w/ cheese & deli meat on top. (dressing on the side)

For snacks I usually send stuff like grapes, apples, pretzels, cheese sticks, granola bars, etc.

Good luck. After picking up my daughter at the nurse one day while they were calling an ambulance for a child that had a severe peanut allergy...I will never send any peanut food again. That must be such a hard thing to deal with as a parent and as a child with food allergies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"