GTKY :)

2»

Re: GTKY :)

• Options
    imageManiacMcGee:

I'm a little tardy to the party...but:

What do you do for a living? teacher-5th grade

What do you like best about your job? working with kids

What do you like least about your job? dealing with the paperwork or a few select parents

If you could have any job right now what would it be? someone who leads teambuilding activities

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

What do you do for a living?  Attorney

What do you like best about your job?  I work from home, and my hours are flexible (I could work at 3 am if I wanted to).  I also have the BEST boss.

What do you like least about your job?  Since I work from home, I don't get the adult interaction I sometimes crave.

If you could have any job right now what would it be?  I love my job.   

imagesmit3807:

What do you like least about your job? Having to bill my time in 6 minute increments.

I hear that!  The OCD in me can't stand having .2 or .3 (etc.) at the end of my time.  It irks me to no end.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What do you do for a living?  I'm an analyst for a law enforcement org.What do you like best about your job?  Almost every day is something new, and we make a difference when we close a case.What do you like least about your job?  The unending meetings and paperwork.  If it's not documented, it didn't happen.If you could have any job right now what would it be?  I love my job, but I also really loved working at a bookstore.  I wouldn't mind going back to that eventually.   
    When it's all said and done, what matters most is your relationships with other people; without good friends and family, what's the point?
    My Cooking Blog
    My Baby Blog
  • Options
    What do you do for a living? I'm a "chiropractic assistant" (i.e. receptionist who does a little bit of everything because I'm the only employee).What do you like best about your job? Like my bosses, and they have been very good about my constant need to run to the bathroom to throw up.What do you like least about your job? Boring and pays little more than minimum wage.If you could have any job right now what would it be?  I want to be a SAHM for a while (plus my salary wouldn't really pay for daycare), but eventually I'd like to be able to use my master's degree (which right now is just a $300 monthly bill) and teach English.  Or maybe own a bakery :)

BFP #1 8/14/10, DS born 4/30/11 
    BFP #2 9/30/12, M/C 10/23/12 
    BFP #3 12/16/12, CP 12/20/12 
    BFP #4 1/20/13, DD born 10/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

job:  stay at home mom

best:  hanging out with my boy

least:  no breaks

dream job:  professional photographer

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What do you do for a living? SAHM

What do you like best about your job? My boss is pretty awesome!

What do you like least about your job? Temper tantrums and nap strikes

If you could have any job right now what would it be? SAHM :)

• Options

GTKY :)

-->

s/o shaindelr's post:

What do you do for a living?

I'm an Office Manager at a small manufacturing company.

What do you like best about your job?

My hours (7-330p), my bosses who treat me like a daughter, my free time to Bump and internet shop

What do you like least about your job?

Being the ONLY woman here (no one to go to lunch with), my hour long commute every day, being so bored some days that 8 hours feels like 12

If you could have any job right now what would it be?

SAHM, unfortunately my student loans will never allow that to happen Sad If only I could go back in time and make better decisions...

• Options

You guys are all amazing! I've loved this!

The job that pays the bills is I'm an English professor :-) The jobs that don't pay (but I must have them to live because I LOVE them) are, I'm a writer. You can read my work at https://shaindelbeers.com And I'm a founding editor of Contrary https://contrarymagazine.com .

Teaching: The amazing people I talk to every day and their stories. I had a student who was an ex-felon (hard life, grew up in horrible circumstances) and the first thing she ever wrote for my class got published in the L.A. Review. I love connecting people and editors/publications and helping people turn their lives around. She's now a vet tech running a free/low-cost spay/neuter clinic!

Editing Contrary -- reading the work of hundreds of writers and discovering new writers. Seeing my magazine I co-founded  from nothing in 2003 grow to 1.8 million readers a year in recent years.

The tons of grading in the teaching job. As far as editing Contrary that it's a lot of work for free. Since 2003 I've gotten one check for $34 :-)

I'm tempted to say I'd like to teach at a small private college somewhere where I could teach fewer classes, but I love it here. I love having a rodeo team and horses on campus :-) Maybe if I ever make it big as a writer, I'll work out a sweetheart deal where I can stay here but teach fewer classes.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I manage a public health initiative to integrate public health content into medical school curriculum. 

I work 4 days a week from home--pjs are so comfy right now.  It has allowed me to be home with my son since his birth in 2009. 

I'm not really using either of my professional degrees.

I'd work at the grass roots level of public health, in an area related to reproductive and sexual health education for adolescents. 

• Options

1. I'm an elementary school teacher.

2. I love when the craziness of September has worn off and you can start actually getting down to work with the kids. It's stressful but fun to watch them learning.

3. Right now the parents who think their child can do no wrong irks me. There seems to be a generation of kids that will never learn from their mistakes because mistakes are never a child's fault. Annoying!

4. I would love to stay at home just until my kids are in school full time. I would love to be able to do this by striking it rich writing books for children. 

• Options
    What do you do for a living?Architect
    What do you like best about your job?Creative process, working with large teams of people, problem solving, seeing a project get built that I worked on, all of itWhat do you like least about your job?Dysfunctional business aspects....no HR dept!  Although we have some good laughs because of all the dysfunction. :)If you could have any job right now what would it be?SAHM 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"