Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

ladies who have done HSG test

I know there are a few of us who have done the HSG test. Did anybody have an unusually heavy period the cycle you did your test?

About every other or every second cycle, I have one heavy day (less than 24 hours) with small clotting. This time, before my period actually even started, I had on clot that I still only considered spotting. And I'm now going on over 24 hours of heavy bleeding and LOTS of clotting. Clotting like I've never seen in my 20+ years of having a period. And tons and tons of bright red blood. And the cramping has been awful.

I just wondered if anybody else had experienced this or was told this could happen after the HSG test. I could see how it could happen, but this was one thing I had not read about when I did the test.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
DS born via c-section 11/17/12
TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14

Re: ladies who have done HSG test

• Options
    I've not had a HSG but a SHG (kind of similar). What you are describing sounds like my normal period so I'm not sure? However if you are soaking a super pad or tampon in an hour or less, call your doctor.
  • Options
    My post-HSG period was normal. I suppose it could have stirred things up in there?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unluckily my endo was still present when I had my HSG, so that would be a normal period for me...it wasn't any heavier or worse than all my other bad heavy periods though.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    I haven't had a HSG done yet but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you're having a rough period. I hope you get some relief soon!
    Whip mah hurr Pictures, Images and Photos

Trying to get sperminated since February 2010

Mar-May 2011: 3 Cycles IUI + Clomid = BFN Jan 2012: Injectables + TI = ?? image

My Cooking (and More) Blog
  • Options

Thanks ladies!  I also went ahead and posted on 3T since I imagine there are more ladies there who have the test.

I did have awful cramps for a few days after the test, but the spotting was done by the next morning.

It's not to say I've never had really heavy periods. When I was younger, before I ever went on BC, I had VERY heavy periods. But, I've only had one heavy like this since BC, but I've never had this type of clotting and the bright red blood. I just know my body and this is different.

Side note: the HSG was clear; no blockages.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Options

imagesulfababy:
    I've not had a HSG but a SHG (kind of similar). What you are describing sounds like my normal period so I'm not sure? However if you are soaking a super pad or tampon in an hour or less, call your doctor.

This has happened a few times now. I have a lot of clotting, and went through three super tampons in an hour and a half this weekend. I thought it was just a heavy flow...I didn't know it was something to be concerned about. Tongue Tied

• Options

My period did seem a little heavier after the HSG. I had one of those, "Well, these pajamas are ruined" moments, which hasn't happened since I don't know when. It really only seemed to be a day (maybe two) of heavier than normal bleeding with a bit more clotting than usual.

I don't think mine was as extreme as what you are describing, though. I didn't really notice more cramping or anything like that. If it continues or gets to where you are soaking a pad or tampon per hour, you might want to call your doctor just to be sure that everything is o.k.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Formerly Otter*Pop
    Dx=Severe MFI IVF#1 with ICSI=BFP!
    Lots of love and luck to my TTGP IVF Buddy Kathy4678!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBubs101:

imagesulfababy:

This has happened a few times now. I have a lot of clotting, and went through three super tampons in an hour and a half this weekend. I thought it was just a heavy flow...I didn't know it was something to be concerned about. Tongue Tied

Oh my goodness yes!  Make sure your doc knows.  That is not normal.  It's not necessarily something wrong but if it's too common then your doc may wanna take a look-see around. 

• Options
    imagesulfababy:
    imageBubs101:

imagesulfababy:

Oh my goodness yes!  Make sure your doc knows.  That is not normal.  It's not necessarily something wrong but if it's too common then your doc may wanna take a look-see around. 

Thanks for letting me know. DH and I have been talking about what our next steps are. Now that I know those large clots are not normal, at least I have somewhere to start with my doctor other than "We've had good timing and I'm not pregnant yet." ::sigh::

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"