1st Trimester
Options

Honeymoon Baby

Hey everyone. I just recetly found out that I am pregnant! Yup 7 weeks married and six weeks pregnant. We were not planning to get pregnant right away and are both in so much shock. We are excited, but also really nervous. We planned on a few years together before an addition. I'm feeling guilty wanting my new hubby all to myself,. It's not that we don't want a baby....it is just that it is a huge shocker right now. Any advice for a newlywed?????

Re: Honeymoon Baby

• Options

I was in your shoes not long ago. We knew it was a possibility since we were using NFP and we knew my cycle was messed up because I moved 6,000 miles and crossed 8 time zones. We were not really surprised, but we also didn't expect it to happen so fast because DH was told that he would have trouble having kids.

It's okay to feel a little disappointed that you missed out on the honeymoon phase of your marriage. It's even okay to be a little angry about it. You will get over it and you will love your baby regardless. Don't feel guilty. Just because you are a wife and a mom now doesn't mean you can't still feel a twinge of disappointment when things pan out in a way different from how you thought they would.

My best advice is to talk, talk, talk to you husband over the next few weeks and months. My husband is still a little upset that we didn't have more time together before fatigue and generally ickiness feelings ruined my appetite for sex. I have to keep reminding him that pregnancy doesn't last forever and it will come back.

You both need to be really honest with each other about how you feel about the pregnancy and work through your feelings together. Your relationship will be stronger that way than if you both try to pretend you couldn't be happier because you think that's what the other one wants.

Congrats and GL to you.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have been there. My husband and I got married 3 months after we me - yes, crazy I know.  But, just 2 months after that, I got pregnant. In my situation, I wasn't even sure I could have children. So, there I was, 21, newlywed and pregnant. We were both a little freaked out at first. We were excited that I actually got pregnant but had really wanted to wait a few years. Things did change. Would it have been EASIER if we had waited - probably. But, we wouldn't change a thing. Fastforward 8 years, we have 2 wonderful boys and are expecting baby#3 in May. 

Talk to eachother. It's ok to admit you are scared and even upset with the situation. You will be parents soon, but don't let that take away from being newlyweds.  Enjoy eachother, and don't let your entire relationship turn to just "parents" when the baby comes. The more connected the two of you are, the better parents you will be.

Congratulations on your LO.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! It is so nice to know that there are some people who have been there and that my feelings are normal. My DH is actually being really great about the whole thing and being really supportive, even though I know he is a bit overwhelmed. Thanks for all the advice!
  • Options

I'm also in a similar situation. My husband and I were married in July and we are now 8 weeks pregnant. So, we didn't waste anytime either. We were also using NFP, so we knew it was a possibility, but we really didn't expect it so soon.

Nonetheless, I think it's fine to be worried/nervous/etc. I was feeling the same way and then I had a bleeding scare a couple weeks ago and it made me realize how much I actually do want this. Even though it was a bit of shock. Just rely on your husband, friends, and family for support!

• Options
    wow that is my exact situation. we got married 8 weeks ago and i am nine months pregnant. and i even posted somewhere about that, but i dont remember where. We work opposite shifts and i am in school so i only see him when i take a vacation day off of work besides sleeping next to each other. In may i will graduate and he will switch shifts, this is great timing for that but i was planning on us just having a great summer together just us two so i know how you feel. Also financially we would have been better off waiting one more year because we have to purchase 2 new vehicles, and we also wanted to save about 12000 before having a baby. We can deal with the money it is just that i really miss my husband and i wanted us time.
    Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"