Pre-School and Daycare

Anyone ever been called back after 1st mammogram?

I had my first mammogram about a week ago and on Thursday my doctor's office called me back asking me to come in for more images.  I've been a nervous wreck ever since!  I don't have any current breast issues (other than a little tenderness and tingling--similar to when I was pregnant) and I'm pretty healthy overall, other than a bit overweight.  

Has anyone else ever been called back for another mammogram after their first visit?  Any insight you can share would help calm me down; I go back Tuesday afternoon.   

Re: Anyone ever been called back after 1st mammogram?

• I sort of had something similar.  The first time I went, I had the pictures taken and then they told me to sit and wait a while.  They ended up calling me back into the room for more pictures because the breast tissue was so dense that they couldn't get good pictures.  They said it was a god thing to have dense tissue but it makes it harder to take the pictures.  They said as you get older, the tissue gets less dense.  They started having younger women (35-45) wait before releasing them because in the past they had to call the women to come back in (like they did to you) and it freaked the women out for no reason. Sometimes it is just they can't see everything they need to see. 

I hope that is all it is for you!

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• I am no help. I haven't had a mammogram yet. But wanted to say I am thinking about you and keep us updated!!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • i was called back in before i even left my last mammogram... they did another one - and then called me back for an US - and then I had to come back for a biopsy after that. The biopsy sounded really scary but i truly felt no pain at all during or after... and thankfully all turned out to be OK.

it sucks - is scary as hell- but more times than not it's nothing - they just have to be really cautuious. Prayers that all is OK!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"