Houston Babies
Options

Newborn Photographer?

I know there has been a post about this and I thought that I saved it.

Who would you suggest to get for newborn pictures if you have had them done? 

How far in advance do you set up something with them?

Re: Newborn Photographer?

• Options

Can't possibly recommend Monkey Tree Photography highly enough! She did an amazing job on my DD's newborn pics! So many sweet ones!

I would contact her beforehand, let her know when you're due and that you'll contact her again after the birth takes place to set an exact date. I'd recommend doing it when your new LO is about 14 days old.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love Bellababies Portrait Boutique.  Kristi Zontini has been photographing my son since he was 6 months old and she does such a fantastic job.  Unfortunately, I went elsewhere for Wyatt's newborn pictures and they left a lot to be desired.  I've never been disappointed with Bellababies.

https://www.bellababiesphotography.com/

Wyatt James born September 14, 2008
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We do newborn pictures, too.  You can see our work at www.simplyblissphotography.com

It is best to take your newborn's portraits within two weeks of birth, just because they are still all squishy and sleepy at that time.  It seems like once they hit that two week mark, they  go through a bit of a growth spurt and start getting that baby acne.

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival!  That is such an exciting time!

• Options
    DS2's newborn acne started early - around 1.5 weeks, so I'm glad we did them before that.
  • Options

We used KD Loftis Photography and loved her!!!! Amazing pictures that we still get compliments about. I contacted her when I was in my 3rd trimester I believe. She penciled in my due date and asked me to contact her when I had the baby. Baby came at 38w3d and Kelley was at our house 4 days after we got home from the hospital to take the pictures. DD was about a week old. I was so impressed with how she handled the session. DD was a champ and slept through a lot of it but Kelley we super patient with us and DD. Amazing pictures!

My BFF just used 1912photography for her maternity and newborn pictures and we used her for our 6 month pictures and she did a great job too! She doesn't have as many pictures on her website or blog (the maternity pics are my BFF) but I'm sure you could contact her for the pictures she just did for us. Or you can email me at caligirlnestie@gmail.com

• Options

KD Loftis 

Monkey Tree 

Chubbyfoot 

J. Stratton 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagefunnyvalentine:

I love Bellababies Portrait Boutique.  Kristi Zontini has been photographing my son since he was 6 months old and she does such a fantastic job.  Unfortunately, I went elsewhere for Wyatt's newborn pictures and they left a lot to be desired.  I've never been disappointed with Bellababies.

https://www.bellababiesphotography.com/

ditto on the kudos for kristi zontini!!  she has done both of my kiddos since they were born.  we went quick with their newborn, around 10 days old.  they only do those cute newborn things for so long.  even if they have acne, she can get rid of it when they touch them up.

• Options

I just had my maternity pictures done with Cristina Murphy from snapshotzphotography.com SHE IS AMAZING. She specializing in newborns, family, and maternity and you can see some of her shoots on her website :) I scheduled her a month in advance.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"