Pre-School and Daycare
Options

weight loss help

I seriously want and need to lose like 30 pounds.  I gained 60 with DS and haven't lost much of it in the past 3.5 years.  Problem is I have NO motivation.  I eat fairly well, but it's the exercising that I just can't seem to stick to or get excited about.  Any tips to help?

Re: weight loss help

• Options

I joined Weight Watchers and have lost 17lbs to date!  I turn 40 in December and really felt that if I didn't get this weight off now, I might never do it.  So I took the plunge.

I haven't found the plan hard to follow or stick to.  It does require planning and preparation but the payoff is worth it.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options

Weight Watches is great.  But it does take some effort. 

Something that is pretty much effortless?

nosdiet.com

Everyone I've directed over there lost 8 pounds the first month.   It's basically eating like people in our culture did 60+ years ago.  (And how some cultures still eat now.)

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    sparkpeople.com
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options

I joined Weight Watchers too.  I have lost 25 since May 1st, 10 to go. The meetings give me a lot of accountability.  The program is great and they are actually overhauling it starting December 1st, I hear there are a lot of great changes. 

I am so glad I joined, I feel so much better! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with WW. I started last November and by May had lost 20lbs my goal! I never worked out just measure my food and I thought that I was eating healthy but it made me an even better eater. I have since lost another 7 and weigh less than I did in high school even. I was a size 10- 12 pants and mostly lg shirt. I now wear a 4-6 mostly 4 pant and small shirt. If you follow it perfect you will see a huge different to begin it slows but comes off. My sister joined in May when she saw how much I lost and is down 35lbs already! 
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I HATE HATE HATE working out.

Jillian Michael's 30 day shred video transformed my body in 30 days.

It's only 30 minutes long.  You don't do a single exercise (including cardio) for more than 3 minutes at a time.

The trick is to do it for 30 straight days - no days off.

The great thing about it is not just the weight loss but the fact that I felt stronger and healthier and noticed it within about 2 weeks.  I felt like doing the shred made me a better mom.  I was better able to play and keep up with my boys! 

That and I did what my girlfriend calls the "to go" diet.  Prepare a meal as you normally would and then cut the portion in half.  Package the other half and put it away.  You literally end up eating half as much as you normally would at a meal.

The kicker is that you can do unlimited snacking as long as it's only fresh fruits and veggies.

No science behind it but it works like a charm for me! 

And no matter what you do be sure to watch your water intake.  Getting in your full 8 glasses a day makes a HUGE difference in letting your body function as it's supposed to. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    I love to work out but still need motivation.  I joined the gym and just knowing that we are paying for it gets me there and my little one likes the playroom.  I also signed up to run a 1/2 marathon and that keeps me motivated and I have lost a few pounds.  So, I recommend signing up for an event to walk or run and then you have a date.  Also, I run with another mom and even if I am not feeling up to it, I feel accountable to her to I show up!!  Good luck.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Weight Watchers is the only thing that works for me.  I also tried just counting calories on www.myfitnesspal.com but I never lost any weight doing that. 
    Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"