TTC After a Loss
Options

Suggestions for a Salicylic Acid Free Facewash?

So, I never knew until recently that it's suggested you stay away from salicylic acid when you're trying to get pregnant.  Not only do I use a foam cleanser with it, my face lotion has it, too!  I know it might be a silly thing to cut back with, but I figured that since I miscarried on our first attempt, and haven't had any luck after, it's worth it to find small things like that and cut them out for the time being.

Long story short, I need a new face wash!   It SUCKS, too, because I've had a hard time over the years finding something to help  me with breakouts, and the one I have now is the ONLY thing I've had great success with.  Has anyone been in a similar situation, and found a "safer" product that they get similar results with?  Thanks!!

Re: Suggestions for a Salicylic Acid Free Facewash?

• Options
    I've had no luck yet, but I keep trying products.  I'm open to any suggestions, so I'm interested to see what other people say.
  • Options
    If you like Neutrogena, they have a few that are salicylic free.
    Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
    Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Photobucket

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I read this too - and when I was pregnant I switched to Cetaphil - gentle skin cleanser and moisturizer and used Neutragena (sp?) spot treatment if I need it.  I haven't switched back because my skin has never been better.  Seriously, I'm 37 and I've had zits (cystic and regular) since I hit puberty and the combo of these 3 products has been incredible.  I'm on CD2 right now and my skin is completely clear (a miracle) and I've had maybe 2 pimples in the last 4 weeks.  Before I was pregnant I was using Aveda products, but didn't get results anywhere close to how my skin looks right now.  And I've used other face washes with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid and they left my face dry and irritated - but with this new stuff my skin is actually calm and dewy.  It's so weird (but great)!  Geez - I sound like an ad - but I'm just so excited that I found something has been able to fix my zits - I have been dealing with them for 27 freakin' years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I use Burts Bees foaming cleanser (the Radience one maybe?  The one with Royal Jelly in it).  I LOVE it.  Although stay away from their cream cleanser, it made my skin so greasy it was disgusting.

And for moisturizer, I use St. Ives Collagen Elastin facial moisturizer (in the tub).  Love it! 

TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I can tell you what I have tried and haven't liked.

imageimage

DH and I use Acne Free (which I love) but it has the salicylic acid.  I tried both of those above and hated them.  When our wedding got closer I switched back to Acne Free (cuz who wants huge zits on their wedding day?)  I have yet to go back.  GL finding something that works well, and if you do I would love to know!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Cetaphil! I have spent all sorts of money on different products to clear up my horrible acne that I have had since going off bc. Cetaphil is so cheap and it works so well!!! I also like Neutrogena products a lot, but Cetaphil has been a life saver the last month. Hardly any zits!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"