New York Babies
Options

Car seat?

Can someone please tell me once and for all... If I am not leaving the hospital in a car, will I need a carseat? We do not take cabs (period), and will most likely be subway-ing it home (yes, yes, I might change my mind, what with just having pushed something out/had surgery/whathaveyou). I literally could count on one hand the number of times I've been in a car in the last year, and that will cut down dramatically when there's a baby to consider (as all have been on vacation).

Please tell me I don't have to shell out a ton of $$$ on something to use once.

BFP #1 5/1/10, missed mc dx 6/4/10 BFP #2 8/5/10, baby boy arrived 4/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Car seat?

• Options
    If you leave the house at all, you'll love having the carrier/car seat that attaches to a stroller.  While I love wearing DD in the Ergo, when she was a newborn it was just too hectic to try to run errands, go to the store, doctors, etc.. with her in the Ergo/sling/wrap/what have you.. If we didn't have the carrier car seat I would've lost my mind.  If you have no problems holding the baby *ALL THE TIME* when you're out of the house, then don't buy one.. Besides, cabs are car seat exempt :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks. My hospital says I can leave without one if I'm getting into a taxi or bus (but I'd probably use one anyway in those situations!). I was kind of thinking of a wrap-type carrier and also a fully reclining (carriage-style?) stroller, but I can see the value of having another option.
    BFP #1 5/1/10, missed mc dx 6/4/10 BFP #2 8/5/10, baby boy arrived 4/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we're getting a car seat that locks into our stroller. I agree with you, I wouldn't get in a cab without one...it's still a car, and not any safer than if you were driving home yourself.  Also probably not safe to take a 3-day old infant on public transportation (germs), but that's something you can ask your doctor about.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"